Mcdonalds Rewards

Posted 22nd Jun 2023 (Posted 9 h, 43 m ago)
Hi guys, can anyone clear up how when redeeming mcdonalds points it actually works?

I had around 27k and some points right down at the bottom of the app are going to expire in August so thought I'd order something for 4k, however, I've done this 3 times now, x3 4k so 12k but yet the ones that are going to expire in August are still on the app?

Do mcdonalds just randomly use the points, rather than using the ones expiring first?
[image]
[image]

Am I going to have to use all the points before August?? Thats just ridiculous, I mean, doable but still..
Community Updates
Ask
New Comment

7 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    steev08 Author
    50427056-B3Soz.jpg50427056-zX6Sq.jpg
    bozo007
    Have you asked them if they follow FIFO or LIFO? It is usually the former for most loyalty programs.
    crumpetman
    The history shows when you earned points and when you spent points. It does not show which earned points were allocated to a spend. Points earned do not get removed from the history when you have spent them but they do get removed from the balance.

I tend to use mine before they build up, the hot drinks are the best value. My rewards history shows all the points earned and spent since July 2022 and I have about 40 points balance.

I cannot find in their terms and conditions any reference to in which order the points are allocated for spend, but it it's not FIFO they are going to get a lot of complaints soon as the rewards scheme is nearly a year old.
    sixonenine
    Just checked mine. I have 42k to use and my earliest expire from August. Best get redeeming!!! It better be FIFO!!
    steev08 Author
    Ah okay, so they stay on there even if used, would be better if they just removed it. I'm not sure either if it's FIFO, should be, but thanx for the replies guys. I could just leave it as now till 1st August and see but I'll probably use them by then.
    ndksamb
    Would be nice if they had the whole menu covered, instead of selected products. I'd much prefer a quarter pounder with cheese over a big mac etc
    crumpetman
    I think it would be better if instead of points it was a cash value to redeem against your order.

As it is, I only redeem for hot drinks (best value) and mini mcflurry (not so good value)

4000 points on a Big Mac feels like a waste when I can get a Big Mac (or other burger) and fries for £1.99 with a survey code.
's avatar
Top Merchants