Netflix Error Message (via Turkey) tvq-pb-101(1.23)

Posted 24th Aug 2023
Netflix Premium account is active via Turkey (just logged into it and everything seems in order) .....a UK account reactivated 12 months ago with gift card and debit card payments since then.

Just gone to use it on a TV in the uk and an error message has appeared saying :-

"Sorry your account cant be used on this device. For more information, go to help.netflix.com"

The code tvq-pb-101(1.23) is down in the bottom corner of the screen.

Link for the 101 code is Here

Looks like its a using your device outside your area sort of message ....

Anyone seen this before?

Thanks
Community Updates
New Comment

6 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Not being rude, but I hope this is an isolated incident, and not an indication of things to come....
    It's Geo locked for a month.
    Author
    Not sure why its geo locked then.....I thought Id seen that message before somewhere.....obviously 12 months ago.

Geo locked seems likely as its fine on a laptop with a vpn to Turkey

Thanks (edited)
    Oh sorry I misread post. I thought you'd just taken it out.

Hmmm, hope they're not clamping down on it.
    I've just started getting this message today on my TV and a similar but different message on my mac (works when on VPN to turkey). Did you manage to find a workaround or anything?
    Author
    Yes ...not sure what caused it but the netflix account was geo locked for about 28 - 30 days.

I used vpn to Turkey (Nord on a Firestick, tried Winsdscribe as well but it was too slow for streaming) for that time and after that works fine without the vpn to Turkey.

So it was a rerun of what happens when you setup the Turkish account initially but all back working after the 28-30 days with any vpn.
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants