Nextbase camera (622GW specifically).. too much money?

Posted 5th Feb 2023
Evening,

I am looking at getting a dash cam and the package I'm looking at is £400. It's a lot of money, especially as you can get cheaper on ebay.

I just want to know if its an absolute waste of money. All I know is if you're going to have a camera it needs to be decent enough to read plates.

The camera has good reviews, but is all of that worth £400.

The package would be:
- Nextbase 622GW camera
- Nextbase rear window camera
- carry case (don't think I'd really use)
- 256GB Nextbase SD card
- Mobile installation at home, including the hard wiring kit so it's all ran nicely through the roof etc and hard wired into the car (also enabling it to activate if the car is hit whilst parked)
- Extended 2 year warranty (so 3 in total) ((I hear they can play up after a year, so hopefully that solves that problem))

cheers
Community Updates
Ask
New Comment

11 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    I believe 622 get is one of the best.
    But there are other cheaper one which is decent enough.
    VIOFO A129 Pro Duo present good value
    The new A139 Pro is even better

This is the one I bought last year, it has been amazing.

JOMISE D530 4K Dual Dash Cam Built-in GPS WiFi Front 4K and Rear 1080P Dash Cams for Cars, 3" Screen 170° Wide Angle Dashboard Car Camera with Sony Starvis Sensor and Super Capacitor,32GB Included amzn.eu/d/3…1Bj

Currently £100 with the £20 off voucher that I can see on the page.

They also have a hardwire kit so it stays on 24/7 when parked etc. Or just get a large powerbank connected in-between the cigarette lighter plug and dashcam. Which should charge when you are driving.
    We've got two 522GW didn't see the point in upgrading. Brilliant night footage

Is the raw footage similar? Night time footage seems pretty shoddy when is comes to plate capture and the oncoming cars headlight seems to blind the camera and its plate is unreadable...
    £400😯 if you even bought two separate dash cams the parts to make a hardwire kit I wouldn't spend half that.
    I've had Next base and Drive pro. Currently all my cars have a Drive pro 550 for about the last 3 years and have been faultless.
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants