NIKE refusing to refund - missing package

Posted 13th Jun 2023 (Posted 6 h, 41 m ago)
I returned a NIKE order using their supplied pre-paid returns label with collectplus. I dropped off this return on the 20th May and received an emailed e-receipt as proof of drop off.

25 days later the tracking has not moved from the day I dropped it off, but it does show I dropped it off. I have contacted NIKE many times enquiring about the status of my refund and supplied photos of the return package with the supplied pre-paid label and the E-RECEIPT on their request. They have told me they cannot refund until they receive the package, when I stated the above information I was told a senior team would investigate and I would be contacted. It looks like the package has gone missing or has been stolen and to date I have not been contacted by NIKE.

Today when I chased once again I have been told that the senior team do not accept my proof of return because the photo of the return label they supplied, does not show the weight of the package. They stated once again that I would not get a refund until they receive the package and that I would need to make a claim with the courier if I believe the package has gone missing. They are correct that the label does not show the weight of the return but they supplied the label so how is this my fault? Also, I believe as they supplied the pre-paid returns label that the contract for shipping is between NIKE and collectplus - NIKE don't agree and won't offer any further assistance.

Collectplus have used Yodel for collection and have said they will investigate but I need to take up the issue with NIKE.

The problem I have is I paid with the dreaded PayPal so while I can raise a claim they could easily rule against me and yet I have done everything I could and now I'm stuck. Please can anyone advise.

Return circumstance: change of mind (clothing too large)
Returned within the returns time period.
Mastercard funded Paypal transaction.
Community Updates
Ask
New Comment

Categories

40 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    tcf
    Paid by credit card? Section 75?
    Azwipe
    The ops post says paid by PayPal.
    MonkeyMan90
    How can it show weight if the weight was never taken of the return parcel? Imo you've done everything you should have done and it's now a Nike issue
    Jon_Snow
    Re: weight. that's a weird stance because Collect+ never shows any weight?
    MadeDixonsCry
    It's a cop out.
    CharlieCheeze
    "Also, I believe as they supplied the pre-paid returns label that the contract for shipping is between NIKE and collectplus - NIKE don't agree and won't offer any further assistance."

This is exactly what I thought. I just googled it and found several intances that agree. Here is a screenshot from one

50368720-X5FKF.jpg
    Azwipe
    Strange response from Nike (unless op has history of claiming). Best course is to open a PayPal dispute, you should be fine as you have the tracking number.
    AndyRoyd
    OP will need to indicate to the community:
    the circumstances for return (e.g. withdrawal or defect or other);
    and if notified trader of that reason within any applicable statutory or voluntary time periods;
    and indicate the funding source for the original PayPal payment;
    but the potentially typical applicable legislation phrasing may be similar to condition (b) below
    ...Reimbursement must be without undue delay, and in any event not later than...end of 14 days after -
    (a) the day on which the trader receives the goods back, or
    (b) if earlier, the day on which the consumer supplies evidence of having sent the goods back.
    The_Blue_One Author
    Return circumstance: change of mind (clothing too large)
    Returned within returns time period.
    Mastercard funded Paypal transaction.
    thetreelogger
    really very simple- chargeback.
    markmc999
    Wont work - he used PayPal.
    nopartylikeansclubparty
    1st would be to find a consumer rights champion at your favourite newspaper, I can think of a few off the top of my head ,

My 2nd reply would by now be
    This is your 7 day warning , if I do not receive my refund in those next 7 days I will start legal action against you for this refund.
    AndyRoyd
    Legal action would require OP to have a reasonable understanding of Dutch legislation and the potential costs involved to enforce foreign legislation.
    The_Blue_One Author
    NIKE has said "we are just going in circles" everytime I challenge their response. They are sticking to the script - "when we receive the return we will refund. No package, no refund".

I guess I have to roll the dice with a PayPal claim but they might mug me off and then I'm out £150!
    AndyRoyd
    PayPal hilariously allegedly provides buyer poortection against exclusively two scenarios, quoted directly from its current terms as:
    • You didn’t receive your item from a seller (referred to as an “Item Not Received” claim), or
    • You received an item, but the item isn’t what you ordered (referred to as a “Significantly Not as Described” claim).

PayPal may attempt to provide support for a buyer claim of
    trader declines to refund until receives returned package
    but as the t&c do not support such a claim it would be an easy rebuttal for even the dumbest of traders to point PayPay to PayPal's own t&c that does not cover the buyer's claim.
    mutley1
    raise an official complaint to Nike customer service and state that you can not look into why the parcel is missing as they had paid for the return service and they are therefore responsible for finding out where the parcel is, and that the courier will not entertain looking into the matter as you aren't the customer in this instance.
    The_Blue_One Author
    NIKE customer agent said complaints are for internal review only and wouldn't change my circumstances!
    MildmanneredCalvin
    Would MasterCard not be able to help even * if * you used PayPal?
    Gingerdan
    Post something about it on their Twitter feed - these big companies don’t like negative issues on their Twitter feed and may resolve it
's avatar
Top Merchants