(older) Digital camera recommendation for a child

Posted 17th Nov 2022
I want to get a second hand camera for my 9 year old ... but I got lost in the multitude of models... Under £100, even less if possible... and preferably not older than the child
Community Updates
Ask
New Comment

6 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    HappyShopper
    Back in 2008, I bought the very well regarded Panasonic Lumix DMC-FX33.

The model was updated over the years with the last iteration being the FX40 (also known as the FX48).

Only suggesting it based on my own positive experience with its early predecessor and the fact this line of point and shoot cameras were well reviewed in their time.

However, it is older than your kid but the plus side of this is the low purchase price.

Certainly worth a look to see if it meets your requirements.
    mattd555
    Same scenario, and I picked up a used Sony DSC WX5 on ebay for 17 quid
    Cisco060606
    I think everyone use smart phone...
    ccnp
    Yup
    aLV426
    Mental how cheap these are now! Anything over a dozen megapixels would be fine, I guess it all depends on the purpose (Duh, taking pictures), I guess it really doesn't matter as there is little difference, however optical zoom would be something to keep in mind. The last camera function only device I bought was a Fuji 3D camera (from a deal on here!) I never even filled the onboard memory...
    bob-mk2
    Get a Canon as they are consistently reasonable compact cameras.

Choose one with an SD card, not a CF card

Before buying, make sure you can buy a third-party replacement battery from ebay as the original will likely be hosed.

Pick the prettiest colour
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants