Pressure Washer

Posted 9th Mar 2023
Hi all, i've asked about pressure washers in the past, I just want to get some clarity!
I would like to buy a 180 bar pressure washer to clean my garden paving and other heavily soiled stuff.

I was looking at this. hyundaipowerequipment.co.uk/hyu…0e/

Or would I be better off buying a solid brand like this nilfisk.com/en-…86/

In short will a solid branded item such as the Nilfisk, do an equal or better job than the Hyundai even if it has lower pressure?

Many thanks for your advice
Community Updates
Ask
New Comment

3 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    john184
    I have a 185Bar Kranzle, it is a great power washer but I do not know if I would recommend it for your purpose as it is not a domestic toy. If you read the manual afaik any Kranzle above 160bar requires a 16amp supply. This caught me out as I bought one (off Amazon) and had to put on a 16amp supply just to run it. The price was excellent though so can't complain.

Most of the domestic stuff just advertises a big high pressure number which they cannot actually achieve under normal running. Even the higher end domestic Nilfisk and Karcher are manufactured with weak points which will break after 5 years. Buy (too) cheap, buy twice or thrice.

Also for the purposes of cleaning and contrary to popular belief the water flow volume is arguably as important if not more important than the pressure.
    At 185bar I can strip the rust off gates, remove paint and cut through rubber seals (all of which isn't particularly desirable on a power washer which may be used on cars).
    I have a quick release 140bar jet I use for cleaning cars.

In my opinion and providing you have a good water supply with good pressure (check your domestic flow rate before purchase), I would buy a 160bar Kranzle (13amp rated) or equivalent commercial series Nilfisk Kew. If you have this level of pressure and flowrate you don't need addons like patio cleaners although rotary 'turbo' nozzles are great for fast cleaning.
    Only my opinion.
    thetreelogger
    100% go for a kranzle if your budget allows
    drivay
    Kranzle are amazing, but expensive!

I took a punt on Aldi's 2.2kw ferrex for 80 quid about 3 years ago.....still shifts crap off my patio and cleaned around 100 cars, made me plenty of money. its about ready for a new hose but £50 for a new hose and stubby gun from direct hoses.
's avatar
Top Merchants