Pressure washer advice

Posted 21st Feb 2023
Good morning,

I'm looking to purchase a decent pressure washer, and not being so knowledgeable in this area, I'd like to ask my fellow hukd'ers out there for advice which is better between these two

costco.co.uk/Gar…651

amazon.co.uk/dp/…958

Many thanks
Community Updates
Ask
New Comment

8 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    ccnp
    Buy which ever suits you but remember this; pressure washers slowly but surely destroy the surface in the same way sandpaper removes veneer. The higher the water pressure (which is the core difference between models), the coarser the sandpaper. Cars, pavias, slabs whatever. The blasting erodes the surface layer. Even porcelain eventually. They are great at finding defects and expanding them

Have you tried cleaning the surface? Wet and Forget. Patio Magic. Car shampoo. (edited)
    jrw
    Judging by that rhetoric, I am amazed my 8yr old car still has any metal left, let alone paint (edited)
    adamderak
    Go for the newer core series nilfisk.
    Pressure WashersCoreNilfisk Core 130 Power Control Refurbished Pressure Washer :: Nilfisk Outlet - nilfiskoutlet.co.uk/pro…610
    crevitz215
    Hyundai for me... because;
    more attachments, might get round to using them for other jobs.
    storage of hose, and wheels, makes It harder to store - but useful when you're in the job, and want a quick tidy away.
    jrw
    Out of the two - Nilfisk
    Xippi
    I've got a little Nilfisk that's outlived many larger units made by others that I've owned over the years. Still working perfectly -
    bombproof. All down to the aluminium motors they use so I understand.
    leitchyleck
    after research i went for titan at screwfix, £160.
    msk1 Author
    Thanks for all your replies, much appreciated.
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants