Recommendation for Laptop for Web Developer Student

Posted 24th Mar 2023
Afternoon all,

What would you recommend for someone is who is looking into doing a Web Development Bootcamp…

What laptop is best for it? Apple or Windows?

Recommendations and links would be greatly appreciated
Community Updates
New Comment

9 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    official_lata94 Author
    Appreciate the help and support…will pop down to my local curry’s/John Lewis and see if I can find a bargain! Enjoy your weekend all
    adam.mt
    What software/service will you be using on this bootcamp?

Shouldn't require anything flash (no pun intended), most laptops should do; so probably more a question of how much you wish to spend!
    official_lata94 Author
    Going to be a stupid response on my behalf but I’ve been told to get something that has a

“minimum 8gb RAM minimum, as well as have minimum 30GB free on the Hard Drive prior to the Bootcamp start! This will be to download certain programmes, as well as for overall space for Bootcamp work and projects.”

Regarding the price point this laptop will also be used for personal as well as studying/doing programming/web development.

Don’t want to be spending crazy money but with the prices of some laptops I’m seeing I think 1.5k-2k (crazy I know) maximum??
    Clioguy567
    You don't need anything fancy as a web dev/front end engineer. As everything should be hosted on the cloud. I wouldn't worry too much about the machine. I would go for something second hand that meets the minimum ram requirements. if money is a concern I'm an engineer but not in web development. Without knowing your curriculum, I wouldn't know what software you are using. The only thing a learner would require is VScode. (edited)
    crevitz215
    Agree with the others here, 1500 is rather excessive to meet those min requirements.
    I’d spend about £600 at a site like itzoo.co.uk/col…ing
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants