Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

Reminder - Now Broadband customers to face price hike from 5th July - You can leave/cancel PENALTY FREE

Posted 31st May 2023
Just a reminder, that in late March, Now Broadband announced price hikes for their customers from July 5th, in where they will be paying, on average, an extra £42 a year on their bills.

The Increase will affect most Broadband and home phone customers but not those on their social tarrifs, which you can find all your options herein our awesome megathread.

TV packages are set separately and are not included in the July price rise, although your broadband price will still rise if you have a Now Broadband and Now TV package.

Those unhappy with the extra fees, and wish to 'shop around' can do so and leave, without Penalty, by that i mean early termination fees for bascially ripping up your contract.

How do I cancel my NOW Broadband Membership?

You can find all the info, on how to cancel, on the link above, but do keep in mind, when you cancel your NOW Broadband Membership or switch to a new provider, we'll cancel your calls and line rental at the same time too.

If you want to stay with Now Broadband, you can always call and haggle, to see if they will give you a better deal, than you currently have, might save you a little hassle.

In my previous experiance, with Broadband providers, or any 'contract' type provider, never take the first 'deal'. Get put through to retentions, as usually those have more 'power' to give you better offers, obviously if you still aren't happy with the deal offered, you can still leave.

There are a few Broadband deals around right now:

1GB Fibre Broadband For £18pm (24m) Free Installation And Activation (Selected Areas) at Hyperoptic

500Mbps Broadband + £65 Amazon Voucher - £22pm /12m = £273.95 (London Only) at Community Fibre

YouFibre 150mbps Download/Upload Broadband - £21.99 per month for 24 months (Selected Areas) at YouFibre

Three Homebroadband - 3 months free, then £20pm (24 months)

Broadband Megathread: Best Current Deals On Fibre Broadband including offers from various providers.

For those that struggle to get any type of 'decent' internet speed, potential option below, It is pricey but if needs must.

Rural UK Limited Time Offer Hardware for £99 High-speed, Low-latency Internet for £75 per month (+£20 Delivery Fee) at Starlink

but as always, shop around and see what is best for you in terms of value, speed and customer service.

Thanks

Dan
Community Updates
New Comment

42 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    I cancelled my Now Broadband 16 May they sent me an email after cancelling that included a freephone number. You are not waiting long before someone answers it.

"It's not too late to keep your TV Membership, NOW Broadband, NOW Calls and NOW Line Rental.

As a valued customer, you might be entitled to an offer if you change your mind and decide you'd like to keep your NOW Broadband and Calls. Give us a call, free of charge, on 08007 591 170 to speak to one of our broadband advisors and find out if you're eligible. They'll also be happy to answer any questions about your service or about any problems you've had with NOW Broadband and Calls."
    Has anyone gotten a decent offer to stay?
    I'm currently with them, out of contract, (standard phone line broadband) and also just received email informing the price increase.

Thought I'd call them to see if anything can be offered and report back on here but the waiting time was 30 minutes when I tried, I'll have to wait until I'm not at work to try again.

Just wondering has anyone else tried and if so did they offer anything worthwhile to stay with a new contract ?
    It's strange how they're doing their hike in July, not April like most other providers.

When Sky (Now's parent company) hiked their broadband price in April, I was allowed to leave my contract penalty-free despite only being with them for 6 months. I rang them, but they would only offer a discount of £2, despite the hike being about £4 a month.

I was happy to leave Sky as I kept my £75 gift voucher and £65 cashback I got from Topcashback when I signed up with them. Now I've got a £100 gift voucher and £85 cashback for signing up with my new ISP. (edited)
    Am I right in thinking I can just move provider now and it’ll be free, even if I don’t call them? Got the email today regarding price hike

Im assuming they want people to call so they can sell them a new broadband contract that is cheaper than the price hike. (edited)
    With Plusnet right now & was looking to change to Vodaphone... because I took a new contract out 12 I months ago... can't move without incurring a 12 month penalty.. they refused to let the contract go... 15% increase.. shouldn't be allowed
    Damn. I just joined NOW end of March. ☹️
    Phoned Now yesterday, was told if I'm just switching to a new supplier, you don't need to call them, you can leave penalty free fine. It's only if you are cancelling the line you need to call them, but no one is going to be doing that! My price was going to be going from £23 a month to £26.50, I told them plusnet are £24.99, was offered £25.50, so still more expensive! Put my switch request to Plusnet after the call.
    The only thing to watch is if Plusnet raise prices next year (which they will) you cannot leave that contract. So make sure for the sake of 50p you don't get stuck in a plan where for another 12 months of your contract next year you're paying way over the odds.

Honestly it's one of the few great things about Sky/NOW is the contract free ability to leave...
    So I joined in February, already got paid cashback through Topcashback. Can I still leave penalty free?
    According to the email I received if you're still in contract but you don't want to accept the price increase you have to call them to leave penalty free.
    See screenshot of extract from email below
    50283463-QwbH1.jpg
    And they block access to sites they don't want you using... Pants.
    When did NOW contact their customers with this increase? I'm a broadband and phone customer in an existing contract but I've not had an email to inform me of any changes in price nor is there anything listed in my account
    Same, I keep expecting an email but nothing yet
    Its interesting that they have increased the price by £3.50 for everyone. That will mean that those paying £18 will pay £21.50 whilst those paying £23 will pay £26.50 for the same service. (edited)
    Just had the email. Time to move on, I only agreed a new deal in April.
    I only joined in April, surprised to say the least after just over 1 month my price is going up!
    I can only assume they are spacing these emails out to protect their customer services dept from a potential influx of calls?
    I still haven't received an email as yet despite being out of contract with them.
    My predicted bills are still showing £19 however I notice that my next bill is the 4th July and it would appear that this change comes into play on the 5th so I expect an increase after my next bill
    Just recontracted for £23.50pm (includes the price-rise) for their Super Fibre (63mbps) for another 12 months

I'm happy with that as when we joined them a year ago for £22pm, very soon after they were offering £20pm and was a bit disappointed I missed that (edited)
    Tried to renew earlier as my package is going from £20 to £23.50. Advisor said they cannot do anything and best to leave it as it is if we wanted to stay with Now even though I explained some alternative packages with Community Fibre seem better than what Now are offering. Was it the first advisor who offered you the renewal?

Overall, Now has been good. No major issues so if they offered something similar to what I was paying then I'd renew but they are not being flexible. I'm now thinking do I stay and pay £23.50 which still seems better than I could get elsewhere except for Community Fibre which is the next best cheapest package.
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants