Sainsburys and Tesco gift card instore

Posted 23rd Jun 2023 (Posted 12 h, 0 m ago)
I want to buy a sainsburys and tesco giftcards instore, one of those physical cards. Can I use those cards at the self service machine?

Also can I use them to pay for online orders as well? And if so, how does the payment work? When I use a credit card, the actual payment is not taken until the delivery day to take into account items that may be out of stock on the day. Do they do this with a giftcard payment as well?
Community Updates
Ask
New Comment

10 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Russ2626
    You can definitely use them at self checkout, just select gift card as the payment method
    fes37
    Physical gift cards cannot be used online at these stores but eGift cards can.

You can use gift cards instore at the self checkout stations. Personally, i purchase egift cards and use them off my phone. You can buy Sainsburys egift cards at a reduced rate using a cashback app such as Jamdoughnut currently 1.5% @Tesco and 2%@Sainsburys. Airtime rewards app however has gift cards at 4% discount rate (edited)
    mutley1 Author
    I may be better off buying the e-giftcards then. I am planning to buy £100 of Sainsburys and £200 of Tesco so they are significant amounts so I was going to go to the store and buy the cards as then I know the damn thing will work as I don't want to risk the gift card not working if I buy them from 3rd party sellers.

actually, just thinking about it, I think I will be safe to buy the sainsburys ones from topgiftcards as I have bought them from that retailer before. good shout (edited)
    TristanDeCoonha
    Cardyard often have those 2 at 4% discount
    bozo007
    I get the e-cards, save the pdf on a cloud folder so that all the shoppers at home can use it. They work fine at both Sainsbury's and Tesco self service. In fact, you can use them (at least at Sainsbury's, in store only though) to buy gift cards for other retailers; use self service for this as well.

I get Sainsbury's cards at a 5% discount through work, so use them to buy Amazon cards at a Sainsbury's store.
's avatar
Top Merchants