Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

Advice on Best City Bicycle Choices

Posted 21st Jun 2023
Hi everyone, I'm on the hunt for a new city bicycle and would appreciate your insights. I'm prioritizing durability, comfort for daily commuting. I'm open to any type, be it a hybrid, road, or fixie, but want something that will handle well on city streets and can withstand the occasional curb or pothole.

I've come across brands like Raleigh, Trek, and Brompton with good reviews. Have you had any experiences with these, or are there other brands you would recommend?
Community Updates
New Comment

3 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    If it is for commute, I would go for hybrid as road bikes have the drop handle bars. The hybrid upright position will be more comfortable. Unless you are talking about women's bikes, then the road bikes will have the flat handlebar as well.

I would keep an eye on the bike deals flagged on hukd. (edited)
    Hybrid just tends to get treated as the miscellaneous category by bike retailers and contains all the normal bikes as well as the sport bikes that are mid-way between other categories.

Sounds like you're after a very dutch style bicycle so I'd look at the manufacturers popular over there like Gazelle.
    +1 for brompton
    yes i know they are expensive but its nice having a bike you can take inside most places
    and shopping mode is great plus
    in supermarkets i just fold it up and stick it in a trolley .
    + its the only bike you can take on the tube in the rush hour (edited)
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants