Should I Buy Pixel 7 or Pixel 7a?

Posted 20th Jun 2023
Hi,

I have the option of buying either of the below local to me:

Pixel 7 128GB – Excellent Condition - £300
Pixel 7a 128GB – Brand New - £270

I just want a decent camera phone and in the back of my mind will hopefully use the phone to trade in for the Pixel 8 when it gets released. Not fussed about the charging or anything like that.

Should I go with the Pixel 7 or is the 7a worth getting and saving £30?

I’m assuming the Pixel 7 will likely get a higher trade-in price than the 7a come October time?
Community Updates
New Comment

8 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Have you tried holding them physically?

Ultimately the 7 and 7a are almost identical in a lot of ways.
    The 7 charges faster so better for if you need a quick charge before heading out. The displays are almost identical with the 7 a bit brighter but realistically wouldn't make much difference.
    The camera is also technically better on the 7a but only if you are pixel peeping, general photography you will get amazing looking photos from each.
    they both are as fast as each other and both last about the same battery wise.

If the pixel 7 is in basically new condition then it will depend on what feel you prefer as you will be grabbing and holding it many times a day for who knows how long.
    The pixel 7a is smaller and consists of a plastic back whereas the pixel 7 is glass. The pixel 7 also has a more scratch resistant rating with gorilla glass victus over 3 on the 7a and a slightly higher water and dust rating on the 7 Vs 7a. (edited)
    Author
    Thanks for the response. I will have a case on whichever one I go with so the back material wont really matter.

I must admit, I do prefer a smaller phone but I dont think the 7a is that much smaller to make a huge amount of difference?

Unfortunately not held either of them to try.
    - what did you go for/decide in the end?
    Author
    I managed to get the 7a for 260 in the end so just went for that. Didnt even try out the 7. Im quite happy with it. I know I said i like the idea of a smaller phone and i think this is just on the limit, wouldnt want anything smaller i dont think unless it had a higher screen to body ratio!
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants