TV Aerial Help

Posted 11th Mar 2023
Hi I have an issue with aerial connections to my upstairs TV's. It was all working fine until the other day.

My current set up was that my aerial on the roof comes into my house next to my TV in the living room. I then have a splitter. One goes directly to my TV (which is currently working fine) The other then goes into a booster and from the booster into the wall socket that then fed the other outlets in the house.

It stopped the other day so I thought it could be the booster so I bought a new one but I am still getting the same no signal on the other TV's.

Does anyone have an idea what the possible issue could be?

Many thanks
Community Updates
Ask
New Comment

2 Comments

's avatar
    tardytortoise
    take the splitter out of the equation and plug it into the booster. do the other tellys then work?
    AndyRoyd
    Should be able to perform basic checks subject to length / gender of interconnecting cables / connections,
    and it is assumed the booster has the expected indication of being active such as an "on" light.

The three currently known good items are
    the cable that feeds the splitter
    the splitter output socket that feeds the TV
    the cable from the known-good splitter output to the TV.

Using the cable from the known-good splitter output to the TV:
    disconnect it from the splitter and connect it to the same output of the powered-on booster that normally feeds the wall socket.

a) if the living room TV receives signal OK, the issue is after the booster output, starting with the cable that feeds the wall socket (which you may be able to check by substitution if it is not hard-wired from the wall socket).
    or
    b) if the LR TV doesn't receive a signal, either:
    the splitter output that feeds the booster is busted (check by swapping to the splitter output that normally feeds the TV)
    the original cabling from splitter > booster is busted
    the booster and/or or power source(s) is (are) busted
    there is an intermittent connection anywhere in the living room area.
Top Merchants