Vodafone broadband, cancel and buy again

Posted 5th Jul 2023 (Posted 10 h, 9 m ago)
Hi.

My Vodafone broadband contract ends in few weeks and I've cancelled renewal as the price went up to £31 and if I buy it as new user it will be £23 plus 89 cashback.
Now the question is can I buy new one straight away or even before old one ends and set start date day later.
Is there a waiting time for Vodafone to treat me as new customer? I've heard that virgin media has 6 weeks waiting period?
Community Updates
New Comment

16 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    gravityorgan
    I'm not sure if it can be taken out in your own name again. It may be that someone else will have to take it out in their name.
    KodaBear
    Vodafone don’t treat you as a new customer unless you’ve been disconnected for a while. I believe it’s 30 days after the final bill before the account falls dormant and you’d be a new customer again.

The way around it would be to have another 18+ resident living there to sign up in their name instead.
    Foxxxv Author
    I could do it in wife's name but I wouldn't get extra discount for owning Vodafone mobile as it on my name...
    CourseFinder
    Just watch out with that mate, if they 'catch you' they will just cancel it... just take your 'new customer contract' on your mrs/partner then you safe
    cowtc
    One of my friends had 18 months of broadband free from Vodafone, their bill was somehow calculated as £0 every month. He left when the contract was up as was worried they'd cotton on. This was several years ago and he seems to have got away with it
    one_eight_seven
    I got two 18 month phone contracts from them like 10+ years ago for £0 per month. Their terms made it so that after the contracts expired it reverted to full price.
    FrampyStinkwonkel
    Just ring them. They'll match the "new user" price especially if you sign up for another 24 months.
    Foxxxv Author
    Yes but I'll not get £89 top cashback
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants