Walking Boot, which ones :-)

Posted 20th Feb 2023
I do walking on forest trails that can be muddy and theres loose sharp stones (quite large stones eg golf ball to tennis ball sized )

What should I go with as there's so many to choose from.

Are Columbia Men's Redmond 3 any good?

Would like good arch support / designed for flat feet

Looking for the £50 area

Thanks
Community Updates
Ask
New Comment

8 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Attic45
    Sure i just read this on reddit…….
    stuartw
    Definitely worth popping into GoOutdoors, Ellis Brigham etc. You can try them in the shop and they usually have stony slope board etc to walk up and down.
    Steve-O.2008 Author
    Thanks, it was more the durability I was looking at. Didn't want to spend 60 or so and after a few months they fall apart lol
    airbus330
    What fits is what fits you. Try on a few. Scarpa are a good brand. Most quality boot take a little bedding in.
    Steve-O.2008 Author
    Thanks, will look at them, it was more the durability I was looking at. Didn't want to spend 60 or so and after a few months they fall apart :-)
    crevitz215
    personally, I was not impressed with the durability of Regatta / Peter Storm boots.
    for the last four pairs, I've used Keen - specifically the Targhee I & II. But, I also had a Keen Ridge Flex boot where straps failed within the first 5 hikes...
    For your price point, I'd go with a Hi-Tec - no reason other than I like their mix of features/promises for the price range.
    Steve-O.2008 Author
    Berghaus seem to be the ones so far going by Amazon Reviews.

I looked at Merrel but seemed to be a lot of wet feet or early falling apart of the boot
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants