Warranty on harddrive via Amazon

Posted 7th Mar 2023
Amazon have a Toshiba HDD suitable for an NAS that fits the bill for what I want. The price is good, but as I was about to add to the basket I noticed it said it was a US import and the notes for this say that the manufacturers warranty will not apply.

Has anyone bought a HDD under these circumstances and is it the case the warranty wouldn't apply? I'm certainly not going to buy based on the Amazon 30 day free returns only.
Community Updates
New Comment

Categories

6 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    smith2001uk
    If its sold by amazon UK. Then your contract is with them. So it would be for them to sort. Regardless the consumer rights act 2015 would be in place. I'd also use a credit card for section 75 protection (if it's over the amount covered)
    sm9690
    I'm assuming it's the N300 4TB?

If so there's a separate listing where amazon uk is a seller and it's £97.31 amazon.co.uk/Tos…9ST
    stearn Author
    8TB and the third party seller is £50 more, Have found on ebuyer for a little more but had a couple of bad experiences woth them over the years.
    C0mm0d0re_K1d
    As mentioned you contract is always with the seller or retailer. However this could be classed as a grey import by Toshiba. So the warranty over 1 year might not been honored by Toshiba uk/Europe whoever is responsible for replacing it under warranty if it fails. I would check, and question that with Toshiba or Amazon before buying it. Might be worth buying elsewhere for proper valid uk warranty?
's avatar
Top Merchants