Why is my Hoover 9KG Washing Machine drum so much smaller then other machines?

Posted 7th Feb 2023
I got a replacement washing machine a few months back. Its supposed to be 9KG but there is no way I can stuff as much laudry into it than I used to be able to do with my old washing machine.
I wsent to Currys today with a tape measure. The drum is 2inches shallower than other 9KG washing machines.
I even noticed that the hoovers are not as deep (shorter depth if that makes sense) as other washing machines.

How can Hoover get away claiming the washing machine is a 9KG when it is smaller than other 9KG?

Thanks.
Community Updates
Ask
New Comment

3 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Some credible WM ramble that I cannot immediately locate suggested smaller drums were effectively more efficient than larger items having same rating. I suppose there is a plausibility in that concept.
    I assume not an issue unless you are suggesting that it is not possible to stuff 9kg of cottons into the (any) drum rated 9kg.

What can be frustrating is the significantly reduced rating for different fabrics,
    e.g. a drum rated 9kg (cottons) is typically only suitable for maximum 2kg woolens.
    Author
    Absolutely fantastic how someone can pull an article like that out of a..... Drum
    Thank you.
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants