Wi-fi/VOLTEcalling handset not compatible query

Posted 9th Mar 2023
Hi all

Bit of a strange one - I'm now on Lebara after previously being with 3 and O2 in recent years. All the time using the same handset I have had wi-fi calling with 3 and with O2.

I moved to Lebara and the icon for wi-fi calling disappeared. I've recently had an email from Lebara saying wi-fi and VOLTE baking is now available but I still can't see the option on my handset. It's a Realme X50 Pro 5g - apparently using the IMEI number to identify the handset it's not compatible with VOLTE calling but wi-fi calling should be available if it's been used on the previous 2 networks...
Community Updates
Ask
New Comment

Categories

8 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    sm9690
    Why not contact lebara for support? If they're telling you it should be available and it's not then there's some issue they need to sort out
    KodaBear
    It's a known issue on devices that rely on carrier profiles to work. I suspect you may not be getting a 5G Signal either? The Google Pixel series of phones is another example of this situation.

You're going to have to go with one of the big networks that supports carrier profiles for Android. Or at least something o2 powered (Lycamobile use o2 and tend to compete with Lebara for pricing with the MSE Affiliate deals) as they aren't shutting down their legacy network yet.

For you right now, no VoLTE Means you need to drop to 3G to make and received calls. And networks like Vodafone which Lebara use are currently in the process of shutting down 3G. When that's gone, 2G Will still be there for the time being, but will leave you in a position where you can't use data while in a call, and a few places where you will have 4G Data service, but no signal to make a call with - Now that we are in the position where the 4G Coverage tends to be more extensive than 2G and 3G.
    martynhardacre Author
    5G has connected in Manchester with no issues so that's ok. I just find it weird that the wi-fi calling that has worked on the two previous networks isn't showing as an option at all now
    chrb
    Not every handset is supported for WiFi calling and VOLTE by every network. I had an issue with o2 previously as the handset I was going to buy wasn't supported so bought something else. Lebara is Vodafone, so check if they support this for your phone on their network
    moschops1
    I'm on Lebara and I've got wi-fi calling I had to go on the chat to get it but that was at the beginning of the rollout of it in on a Huawei p20 pro. (edited)
    dcx_badass
    We had this issue with Asda Mobile who also use Vodafone, basically they can't or won't send the config to the phone to make it work, they claimed they did it 4 or 5 times over a two week period but it never ever worked. We switched to vodafone, one phone call and working within 10 mins of hanging up. It's a pain as the MVNO's have some good deals sometimes. Also annoying that unlike EE, Vodafone and it's MVNO's have to manually send a config (the MVNO's need their own, even if Vodafone have enabled it then it still won't work on them). (edited)
's avatar
Top Merchants