Amazon New QLED TV thoughts?

Posted 26th Mar 2023
whathifi.com/rev…led

Just read that Amazon has some decent discounts for ore-ordering their new TVs

The Qled models look like good value, and I was just wondering if anyone has also considered them, or are they just gimmicky?

Launch prices

4-Series (mid range)
Amazon Fire TV 4-Series (43in): £269 (£170 off)
Amazon Fire TV 4-Series (50in): £349 (£150 off)
Amazon Fire TV 4-Series (55in): £379 (£170 off)

Omni QLED ((top range)
Amazon Fire TV Onmi QLED (43in): £349 (£200 off)
Amazon Fire TV Onmi QLED (50in): £449 (£200 off)
Amazon Fire TV Onmi QLED (55in): £499 (£250 off)
Amazon Fire TV Onmi QLED (65in): £699 (£300 off)

(Source: https://www.techadvisor.com/article/1669516/amazon-fire-tv-2-4-series-omni-qled-deal.html)
Community Updates
New Comment

8 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    KodaBear
    I personally wouldn’t be pre ordering. I’d be picking a QLED model that I trust and can buy today for less and has decent reviews already. Things like the Toshiba QA5D and Bush have an almost identical model too. Then pair that with a Fire stick if I wanted their software platform.

Looking at the back panels of the TVs it would appear they are being manufactured by the likes of Cello/Ferguson who use parts from a company called TongFang in China. These back panels seem to be a pretty good match visually. So even their reduced pre order prices likely aren’t a good deal in my opinion, knowing what I do about the brand that I think this will be made by.

If you wouldn’t rather save money and get from a trusted brand today, then my advice would be to wait. Let this TV launch and have people write reviews about it. Then wait for the likes of Prime Day to pick this up at a discount then.
    More_Chips
    Jumping on this, I doubt Amazon will ever offer this level of discount on the TVs again and they don’t seem to mess about with their own branded stuff, you never hear of anyone having issues with a fire stick or echo speaker. Plus, if it doesn’t impress on arrival I’d imagine they will be collecting these directly to avoid Any returns getting broken in transit maybe
    newbie68
    I expect to see these prices every prime day/Black Friday etc etc
    newbie68
    They have been discussed a bit on the deals part of the site over the last week - some good information there. Easy to find
    Mydealz_Barney
    They are overpriced in comparison to what you can get directly from TCL (who apparently is the manufacturer) or Hisense.
    choices
    I was tempted by the TCL but thought Amazon would be the better platform so reserved a 65" and received it before the proposed delivery date & it's a world of difference in comparison to my poloroid led TV from Asda . The firetv system functions seamlessly wiithout any of the issues reported from previous models & after about a week I don't even find myself reaching for the remote. The picture shadow adjustments are spot on for a large 65" TV & easily compares with a friend's more expensive Samsung , Well worth the bargain discounted price, (edited)
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants