Coral USB Accelerator Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+ £61.52 at Farnell UK

Posted 31st May 2023
uk.farnell.com/pi3…033

Bit more of a niche deal but most places charge a lot more for this so I think it's a deal!

Description:

The Coral USB Accelerator adds an Edge TPU coprocessor to your system, enabling high-speed machine learning inferencing on a wide range of systems, simply by connecting it to a USB port.

Performs high-speed ML inferencinglinkThe on-board Edge TPU coprocessor is capable of performing 4 trillion operations (tera-operations) per second (TOPS), using 0.5 watts for each TOPS (2 TOPS per watt). For example, it can execute state-of-the-art mobile vision models such as MobileNet v2 at almost 400 FPS, in a power efficient manner. See more performance benchmarks.

Supports all major platformsConnects via USB to any system running Debian Linux (including Raspberry Pi), macOS, or Windows 10.

Supports TensorFlow LiteNo need to build models from the ground up. TensorFlow Lite models can be compiled to run on the Edge TPU.
Community Updates
New Comment

17 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    2ponbackofhead
    What would you be able to achieve with this?
    zimbo_ouen Author
    It's for machine learning like facial recognition, image recognition and object detection etc in video/cctv for example

More info can be found here: gilberttanner.com/blo…on/
    jazid
    Why did this get moved from the deals section???
    jimhuf
    They probably dont get their kick back from farnell
    truxntrax1
    Frigate and home assistant. Brilliant!
    Walgeon
    Thank you!
    davocc
    This is an early version of something I expect to see in many homes down the track. I can envisage an ultra-low-power always-on battery backed central home system that runs various functions which require AI type processing; also a localised version of the old 90s concept of an "agent", a system you configure to watch things for you online (e.g. wherever your name appears in various forums, broader searches for concepts or items, etc.). it's sorta been done a few times but I've not seen it in an AI configuration; and the potential sensitivity of such a system makes it irksome to put into someone else's cloud platform (e.g. if you tasked it with looking for medical information). Right now this tech and device is supposed to be relatively narrow range but the skillset it can give a developer will be quite valuable, already is in some circles.
    jazzuk777
    Could that used for bit-mining?
    jazid
    Lol
    DealHugger
    Who still use TensorFlow nowadays anyway
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants