Disney+ on Android Box

Posted 25th Mar 2023
Vodafone offers 6 months free trial of Disney+ as part of its reward scheme. In the terms and conditions it states that it can be used on a device, so I have it on my phone and tv box. However, when you watch anything on the TV box the picture is in the centre of the screen on a huge black background. Is this normal and has anyone else experienced the same thing?
Community Updates
New Comment

4 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    SaturdayGigs
    What 'Tv box'
    DJSlime
    My TV upstairs I have a HDMI cable for my phone and when I plug it in it's got huge black borders, but I kind of assumed that my HDMI cable is just showing 720p at native size.

So it's very possible this TV box of yours is just showing a 720p image on a 1080p screen without auto stretching it. (or 1080p on a 4k screen would be similar)

So I use the remote to change the aspect ratio to "zoom" and it fills the screen perfectly fine. Maybe there's a setting in the TV box menu to force 1080p (or 4K) instead of maybe an "auto".
    uk3g Author
    I thought that at first but I'm using the discovery+ app download from the play store on the box so in essence it should be exactly the same as if I signed up using the app itself. Im confused
    bestec2
    No problem on xiaomi tv box or sony android tv. Problem specific to your tv box or tv
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants