Hive boiler control

Posted 8th Feb 2022
I have hive boiler control in a rental property. My tenants moved out yesterday so there is no longer wifi at the property.

I will visit the property in a couple of days so will need to think about the central heating controls as I am going to put the property on the market for sale so it will be empty for many months.

The boiler is a combination boiler and I have never used hive before, as it was installed while the property was rented out, so I have no idea how to use hive, and now without wifi, I am uncertain how it will work?

Any advice?
Community Updates
New Comment

6 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    L0L
    You can use hive with no WiFi. Just will obviously loose app control. The thermostat will work just fine. Just place it into stand alone mode.

Following is the sequence to place the Hive Thermostat and Receiver into standalone mode should you decide that you do not wish to use the Hive App and the Hive Hub or in the event the homeowner is not available.

Instructions
    1. Go to your boiler and locate the following –
    (a) The boiler’s isolation switch: This is just a switch near the boiler that allows you to shut down the boiler.
    (b) The Hive Receiver: This should be mounted on the wall close to the boiler.

2. Turn the boiler / heating systems isolation switch off for a few seconds then switch back on

3. Press AND HOLD the Central Heating button until the STATUS light flashes pink/white

4. Go to the hub and unplug it from the mains and from your broadband router (ignore this step if there is no hub)

5. Go to the thermostat and press AND HOLD the menu (middle/ ‘button 7’) and back (left / ‘button 8’) buttons. Keep pressing these until the countdown finishes and you see the word “searching” appear on the display. (edited)
    L0L
    mutley108/02/2022 11:55

thank you. here is the hive thermostat and receiver. so i guess i need …thank you. here is the hive thermostat and receiver. so i guess i need to download a hive thermostat user manual?[Image] [Image]

Oh you have a hive 1.

Power off boiler/mains. Remove battries from stat. Power on. Press hold silver button until you get flashing white. Refit batteries whilst holding + and - to reset. Should then pair up.
    lzzwzz
    I don’t know for sure for your circumstances but when I moved into my new house I had to buy a new hub as they aren’t transferable between accounts.
    mutley1 Author
    lzzwzz08/02/2022 12:28

I don’t know for sure for your circumstances but when I moved into my new h …I don’t know for sure for your circumstances but when I moved into my new house I had to buy a new hub as they aren’t transferable between accounts.

i will unplug the hub as advised above i won't be getting wifi into the property since it is going on sale. that will be the new owner's problem

there have been a couple of tenancy changes since the hive was installed and they have kept the same hub. so within the same property, i think it will be fine. maybe only if you wanted to take the hub with you then you can't do it. (edited)
    mutley1 Author
    L0L08/02/2022 11:50

You can use hive with no WiFi. Just will obviously loose app control. The …You can use hive with no WiFi. Just will obviously loose app control. The thermostat will work just fine

thank you. here is the hive thermostat and receiver. so i guess i need to download a hive thermostat user manual?

46861448-pAmF2.jpg

46861448-hCmSw.jpg (edited)
    mutley1 Author
    L0L08/02/2022 12:01

Oh you have a hive 1. Power off boiler/mains. Remove battries from stat. …Oh you have a hive 1. Power off boiler/mains. Remove battries from stat. Power on. Press hold silver button until you get flashing white. Refit batteries whilst holding + and - to reset. Should then pair up.

thanks for your help

it is the first generation hive i think as it was installed when they first became available. there is a hub as well.
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants