Looking for a recommendation for whey protein isolate

Posted 4th Feb 2023
Hi all,

I have never used this but have been recommended to use unflavoured whey protein isolate to help with my workout. I wonder if someone could recommend good brands and possibly places to look for good deals.

Thanks
Community Updates
Ask
New Comment

8 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Just buy the cheapest one you can find. As long as you are sticking to actual Isolate without any additives, there really is no difference. Typical sources for that would be Myprotein, Bulk, The Protein Works, Body and Fit and maybe some UK-exclusive merchants I am not aware of.

Just a question, though: Are you lactose-intolerant, or why does it have to be Isolate? For 99% of people working out, the price hike in comparison to Concentrate is not worth it at all.
    Author
    After doing further research I settled for concentrate as it seems much better value per gram.

I went for bulk strawberry flavour which tastes good enough though it leaves a slight after taste but the only halal certified brand I could find in UK market.
    Do not get the unflavoured it will put you off for life Get any basic chocolate flavour. My protein and isolate whey gold standards are good quality

Would recommend getting a brand which has some standards such as labdoor or England sport attached to it.

labdoor.com/ran…ein

Do not get the cheapest one you can find from a no name company, it could have high levels of lead , mercury or other crap and be low in protein content
    I've been using the protein works for over 10 years, their flavoured stuff is great, but expect they do an unflavoured.

I have their shakes as a meal replacement/recovery aid (cycling and running).
    you really dont need it. recommendations for body builders (professionals not a gym goers) are 1.3g/kg
    with average weight of 90 thats 120g/day... your normal diet will get you all the protein and then some
    Where’s all the gym rats at?
    What are your goals with working out?
    Author
    It is mainly as a recovery aid.
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants