Looking for dehumidifier with laundry mode

Posted 9th Sep 2022
Can anyone recommend a good dehumidifier with laundry mode for under £200 please, i dont have a clue and ive told the mrs i will sort it

Cheers
Community Updates
Ask
New Comment

11 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    yorkie12
    I have heard about using dehumidifiers to dry laundry but never knew 'Laundry mode' was a thing. You live and learn. People do say this method of drying is more economical than using a tumble drier , would be interested in the thoughts of anyone who actually uses this method.
    Pandamansays
    I have the Aldi one - bought it two years ago for £129.
    Works fine and has laundry mode, which I often use - I think laundry mode just puts it on max and stops it cycling on and off like it does in normal mode.
    The only issue is that in normal use the fan continues to run once it has reached the desired humidity, rather than turn off and then occasionally on again (like some 'fancy' ones do). This means it uses more electricity than it ought to, but not by a huge amount.
    Pilsbury12
    I’ve got the ecoair dd1 which has laundry mode on it. I find it sbsolutely superb. Can’t tell you about running costs because I have only just got a meter that shows me how much I’m using a day. Now winter is approaching I will be able to compare it with using my heat pump tumble dryer.
    Meathotukdeals
    Interesting. Does Laundry Mode reduce to a specific RH? I use one I got from Screwfix years ago. IIRC set it to 30% RH target and just let it run in a small room with a small electric heater aiming to get 30 degrees.
    windym
    We have the Meaco 20L. Got it on offer for less than £200. I don't use it for laundry but it has excellent reviews for doing so.
    gazdoubleu
    I have laundry mode on my meaco 20 litre low energy dehumidifier it sets itself to 50% RH. The fan blows harder in laundry mode and you can set a countdown timer. I also have a meaco fan which I find speeds up the drying process.
    dodo8
    I've used an Ebac in an unheated utility room for the last 3-4 years, specifically to dry my laundry.
    Set it on laundry mode, this keeps it on all the time if needed. I use a clothes airer, often with a sheet over the top and sides to speed up the process
    Additional benefit to me is that it also provides some heat to take the chill out of the room (gets really chilly in that room in winter).
    ssc1
    Meaco can't go wrong.
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants