Netflix extra £4.99 pm for outside householders, any workarounds yet?

Posted 29th Jun 2023
Hi, my mam and dad can't watch Netflix with this extra £4.99 per account malarkey. Is there any workarounds, or do we just bite the bullet? I know people say cancel, but they like watching it, and it seems we've used up our "codes" when we tried selecting traveling a few weeks ago, so seems we can only use that trick once cheers.
Community Updates
New Comment

13 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Same boat here ,

It was talked about somewhere on a student union post and the workaround was cast from your mobil then once a month log in from the account home address when visiting and it'll reset the 30day counter apparently
    Author
    Cheers Wanderer.
    Could try this below if they use a firestick or something similar

However, there are two solid workarounds to this policy you can roll with right now. First, as mentioned above, devices that connect to your household wifi are good to go in Netflix’s eyes. So, if you can, head over to the house of whoever’s account you use, sign in on your device or devices, then go home, and you should be able to watch without issue. Perhaps Netflix will require you to reconnect at some point, but since the change is so new, we’ll just have to see how that works out, and how long you might be able to keep watching. (At the moment, there’s nothing in the Help Center about needing to verify your location after a certain period of time outside the household.)
    Author
    Cheers Stefos89.
    I added my device to House hold members family and don't seem to bother me after that
    Nordvpn meshnet
    I gave access to the email we've been using for netflix so everyone using the account can login and confirm they are part of the household every time they use netflix...a bit pain in the neck but hey... it's working fine so far
    Is this just a uk issue?
    I have a turkey sub with 2 other hotuk members and ours still works as normal from multiple locations across the uk
    I think it is,I've got a Turkish sub which is fine and I share with family here in the UK and abroad.

My colleague sat next to me though has a UK sub with his dad and it's been blocked.
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants