Netflix new cheap tier with ads will block you from some content

Posted 22nd Jul 2022
dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-11034805/Netflixs-new-advertising-tier-block-access-content.html

- The new ad-supported tier won't have access to Netflix's entire content library

- Netflix said earlier this year that it's bringing adverts to Netflix for the first time

- A new Netflix tier will force customers to watch ads but they'll still have to pay

“ 34 per cent (of those that said they would cancel because of rising costs) stated they would continue to subscribe if it meant they could pay a cheaper price with ads. “

Uhhh I don’t think they meant they would stay if the lower tier also does Not give you access to everything, a genius move by Netflix … Not, it reminds me of a last gasp like Blockbusters last gasp(popcorn)
Community Updates
New Comment

17 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    tek-monkey
    Pay but still watch ads eh? There's a certain bay of pirates calling...
    tek-monkey

Replying to

Some services exist for free with ads, such as ITV/channel 4, and still afford to get content. Others charge and have no ads, either is fine with me, but to charge me to see ads you charge others to show? Nah.
    bozo007
    So... a discussion based entirely on speculation in the Daily Mail? That makes sense.
    Ferris
    Not the worst thing done based entirely on speculation in the Daily Heil in the recent past, tbf.
    Craig2018
    I am not sure that this is right, I suspect you will have the same content, but just with ads. The Daily Mail singles out the BBC and as you know the Daily Mail likes to bash the BBC on a daily basis.
    Bargainhead
    They deserve bashing, they are totally biased organisation.
    Westwoodo
    If Netflix didn't have such a big userbase they would have gone bump a while ago.
    Denney_Masters
    If the Daily Mail told me to jump off a cliff I would.
    Ferris
    You and a majority of the population. At least 52%, I'd say.
    MrHappyGilmore
    Cannot stick anything with adverts in anymore worth the extra cost to be advert free
    harrythefish
    Just got a pop up message on Netflix saying that on the £4.99 with ads deal, can now have 2 viewers in a household (2 devices at a time) and 1080p. (edited)
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants