Now TV poor wifi range

Posted 3rd Feb 2023
What is the easiest way of improving the Wifi signal on my Now TV router?
Community Updates
Ask
New Comment

12 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    You can use your own router (make sure you keep the NowTV router in case you need to contact support, they will not help if you have your own router connected), buy one with Option 60/61 MER. I think the TP-Link VR series have that option. Or like me, just buy a couple of cheap Tenda Nova mesh, only paid £20 or so and now have wifi all over the house. (edited)
    Use your own router.

The only place an ISP router belongs is in the bin or in modem mode - generally all useless.
    The sky router sr203 had improved my signal a lot and works perfectly with Now BB.
    Have you tried changing the WiFi channel numbers to avoid interference from other networks around you?

Moved the router so it’s not obstructed by anything around it, high off the ground, and away from other sources of interference like cordless phones and microwaves?

Since you can’t use your own router with Now TV/Sky the next suggestion would be to buy some WiFi range extenders.

If you just need the basics and to extend in one direction, then TP Link do cheap ones £11.99 Amazon Prime/£12.99 Argos for example.
    Options are really limited unless you get additional kit. This along with the Sky router have some of the worst Wi-Fi I’ve ever experienced.
    Strangely, i've had better reception from my Now router than i ever got from Sky or Plusnet!
    Get a second hand Sky router SR203 from eBay.
    I did the same, Tenda Novas, bought 2 lots when they went cheap. They filled out all the dead zones in the house and garden. Had the same issues with the Sky router which was the same. All issues gone though. (edited)
    Author
    Thank you for all your help. I have ordered a TP link WiFi extender, I will see what that does…
    Mesh system, i bought a tenda mw6 3 pack and that solved all my wifi problems.
    Author
    Installed the TP WiFi extender and its given my network a new name. I tried setting up via the website but wouldn't let me do it. I had to download the iOS app, connect to the TP network and then it connected. Ran a speed test without the extender, 27.30mb and connected to the extender 51.17 so I am pleased.

I now have to connect the devices to the new network...
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants