Recommendations for a 4K UHD Blu-ray Player

Posted 14th Mar 2023
I have a few 4K UHD Blu-ray discs and would like a Blu-ray player to play them on.

It's confusing as some players say 4K upscaling rather than being able to play UHD discs.

Ideally want to pay less than £100 and happy to purchase second hand.

One model I noticed was an LG UBK80. Are these any good? Welcome any recommendations

Thanks
Community Updates
Ask
New Comment

13 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    dunny06
    Cex usually sells cheap 4k uhd disc players, 4 months ago I purchased a cheap Samsung ubd-m7500 grade c for £62 and it works great. Worth a look on there to get a cheap one.

49762686-5jWcd.jpg (edited)
    skyking_comms Author
    Thanks @dunny06 - I still have a CEX voucher that I need to use, so will see what they have available
    Gressex
    Beware the Sony X800M2 if your TV supports Dolby Vision. It's unlikely that you'll find one for £100 but if you do, know that you have to manually switch its Dolby Vision on or off to match what the 4K movie supports! A player that retailed originally for £300 and is not smart enough to detect if a movie supports Dolby Vision!
    iainsansom
    I spent a long time looking around for a 4k blu ray player while I was waiting on stock availability for a PS5 and I eventually went with a pre-owned Xbox One S for just over £100 a few years ago. It was a good player and did plenty other things. Depending on what TV & cables you have, sometimes it doesn't matter what 4k player you have. It doesn't make a huge difference unless you're spending thousands.
    yerbluesjohn
    Also depends how good or bad your vision is!
's avatar
Top Merchants