S23 Ultra WhatsApp

Posted 5th Aug 2023
Does anyone else find that sending videos via WhatsApp completely makes having the amazing camera pointless as WhatsApp compresses it into something that is completely unwatchable video quality? I literally film on the lowest setting, and it still sends poor quality videos. I guess it's something that Samsung needs to resolve with WhatsApp as my partner never has issues with iPhone, and my old Huawei took brilliant videos that were still very watchable. I know there's lots of other ways to send files, but this has always been the go-to app.
Community Updates
New Comment

11 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    kos1c
    Do not send via the gallery option.
    Instead upload them as a document, this will send the exact file and not compressed.

50732219-v4hZU.jpg (edited)
    thepostie Author
    Thanks will give that a go next time.
    sm9690
    Have you had a look at the 'media upload quality' in the settings?
    thepostie Author
    Yes just changed it to better quality. Thanks
    james.curry
    Could you use quick share to send the file through WhatsApp
    Corkscrew
    There's been a recent update to Android WhatsApp, where when you send a video, you can tap a HD icon in the top right just before sending

Also, if you care about quality then use Google Photos and share via that (edited)
    thepostie Author
    Never noticed that HD bit. It does look better but still not perfect. Cheers
    bozo007
    Use Telegram
    mutley1
    does telegram send videos unaltered?
    darkstryder360
    Another thing, if you record in HDR10+ it looks great on the device, but on WhatsApp it looks like it's been edited to look duller.

50739534-Hs789.jpg
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants