Sky retentions

Posted 19th Jun 2023 (Posted 10 h, 30 m ago)
Hi all.

Has anyone dealt with sky in the last couple of weeks?

Just come to the end of my contract and its gone up by about £7 a month. Speaking to the cancellations team now who have told me the loyalty team have been made redundant and they can't offer deals like they have before.

Any know if there's any truth to this at all?
Community Updates
Ask
New Comment

17 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    snapper
    Just tell them you are not renewing and see what happens.
    porradude Author
    I did. Got a text but when I phone it takes me through to the useless cancellation team who want to charge an admin fee to renew as well as hike the price up. Service is due to cancelled in 2 days so thats why I wanted to check.
    imavillan
    there's a thread on here about it...lots of useful info

HUKD SKY thread
    RealOldMonk
    As I understand you are in last 2 days of 4 weeks notice period and you did not shop around in that period to get any deal from any other provider.

Seems bad step, I normally secure a deal in parallel then go with best offer and cancel other.

Few Options you have are
    - check other ISPs and see who can get connection fastest and within your price.

- get new sky connection under name if different person in household.

- get those 5G plans which don’t need anything else apart from sim and device, if available. They are fairly quick.

- renew and see if you can get admin fee removed (this gives you 14 days time to find new provider and cancel this).
    porradude Author
    Thanks for all the advice.

I only have Sky Signature and the HD pack with them. Turns out it isn't in the cancellation period for some weird reason but the promotional deal I have in place runs until next April so that's not too bad. Will hang on and see what happens
    ncd
    I put in my cancellation in about a month ago. Got a call about a week later offering me a deal cheaper than what I was already paying. The Netflix got downgraded to the standard version, but that didn't bother me as its only my wife that really watches it.
    porradude Author
    Thanks.

Thats what they usually do but they're definitely behaving a bit differently this time.

I had called them when my contract ended, did the whole cancellation thing when the price they offered was rubbish and the cancellation didn't get put through for some reason which is why I'm assuming they haven't yet called me to offer a better deal.

The only reason I can think they haven't done that yet is because the promotion I previously had seems to be valid till next year April despite me being out of contract.
    jco83
    Sack them off. You might find not having it strange at first, but Sky really is a rip-off. It's just a habit you need to break and will be glad of if/when you do. From experience (edited)
    porradude Author
    I think you're right to be honest. Don't actually watch them as much as I used to. Tbh, the biggest reason I still have Sky is because the UI is probably the best out there.
    Tyrone_H_
    Sky essentials £5 per month if you want the interface
    porradude Author
    Thanks. Is that on Sky Q and include recording?
    Otto.uk
    I cancelled mine a couple of months ago after keeping track of what I watched. I realised all the channels I watched were already free and the programmes were available on demand or catch up also free.

It was a habit of paying and watching.

Never had a call from sky offering a better deal that I was on or had found.

They don't miss me and I definitely don't miss them.
    porradude Author
    This is the thing though, right. Back in the day, we weren't spoilt with the amount of streaming content we get with Netflix, Disney+ and Amazon prime like we are now. Even Sky Sports doesn't have the pull it once did.
's avatar
Top Merchants