Sky TV in a Different Room

Posted 26th Jun 2023
We have a satellite dish, but the connection only goes to one room. Is there a way to 'connect' other rooms to Sky without drilling holes in walls?

Interested to hear your thoughts, thank you.
Community Updates
New Comment

17 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Sky mini box
    Works along side the Sky Q box
    So you can have Sky in any room ‘ works via WIFI
    Thought Sky worked using the internet nowadays ? We use our old sky dish to get Freesat. You have to use a separate cable from the LNB on the dish for each TV/ Recorder.
    really annoying watiching stuff on skygo as they have adverts every 12 minutes and you don't have the option to skip!!
    Move to Sky Q and any additional boxes connect wirelessly. Only the main box needs the satelite connection.

Or are you trying to just watch the same box in another room?
    Author
    Same box I think, basically we watch sky but don't need to pay any monthly subscription due to (as I understand) having paid a sky engineer to put a dish up and give us a connection. But now I want to watch it in another room, also without a monthly subscription..
    If you have an old school sky box, you'll need to have a second set top box with multiroom (which I think is £15 a month), but, I don't think they provide old-school boxes anymore, so they'd probably push you to get one of the newer services, such as Sky Q, Glass or stream - but, you'll still need an addon subscription to watch in more than one room.
    you will need a sky mini box for each room that you want to have another tv connected to sky, and there is an additional monthly subscription for each mini box as already mentioned above.
    If its to watch same channel then use a sender, if to view separate channels then need another stb.
    Author
    Do you have a link for a 'sender' please, thank you
    Yes if you have a console linked up to a TV you can stream it via Sky Go app on Xbox or PlayStation. Otherwise it's paying extra for sky multiroom and your get given a Sky mini box.
    Author
    Thank you, which would you buy Xbox or Playstation, I don't have either
    Author
    I've just checked the price plan for a 'Sky Q' box, but it's saying £28pm, am I missing something?
    The OP still hasn't confirmed whether they still have an old Sky+ HD box and not Sky Q, I'm assuming so?

Is it something like this box you have: amazon.co.uk/SKY…0WW

If so then you need a AV signal sender or get a 2nd hand box and get multiroom.

Have a look here: radioandtelly.co.uk/sky…tml
    Author
    I didn't realise! Old Sky hd! Thanks I'll take a look at the links!
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants