Smart Light Sonoff wiring Help please

Posted 12th Feb 2023
Hi , Ive got a smart light module to fit and Im confused with the wiring needed for this two way switch on my landing. 4085578-k07lA.jpg4085578-UXNBM.jpg

Can anyone assist please?
Community Updates
Ask
New Comment

14 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    melted
    You'll probably need to wire it in at the ceiling rose and have it under the floorboards.

You're existing wiring will probably be something like this which just switch the live and the switch plates don't contain a neutral, in which case you'd need to disconnect the switch cable C (wires 2 and 3 in that diagram) and wire them to s1 and s2 in your smart switch, and power it by connecting l-in to live and n-in to neutral. L-out provides the switched live and connects in place of the wire 2.

49543808-PG7fg.jpg

lightwiring.co.uk/two…rs/ (edited)
    Ethan_HuntszE Author
    Many thanks for that> I thought as much but you have painted a much clearer picture for me .The wiring diagram makes a lot more sense to me . Much appreciated (edited)
    wayners
    I don't know much about those.
    I thought they went in light fitting for neutral wire?
    You can get replacement switches. Think they don't need a neutral wire as switches only have live wires

Check this out! amzn.eu/d/bRM79qr

Training family not to touch switch can be a problem with light fitting adapter (edited)
    joyf4536
    Try a cattle prod for training. (edited)
    joyf4536
    I don't think that is a Sonoff Branded switch? (edited)
    Ethan_HuntszE Author
    I bought it from Amazon. It appers to be a clone.
    joyf4536
    amazon.fr/Swi…8-5

Wiring diagram in pix down left hand side.

49544532-4C7Wl.jpg (edited)
    Ethan_HuntszE Author
    Thanks mate I got those with it
    aLV426
    I would suggest that if this has you confused you really should employ a qualified electrician
    Ethan_HuntszE Author
    I've got the landing lights working using melteds guide . The second one ( I had two) Ive ordered the light switch that wayner linked as its an easier solution ...but thanks for your input
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants