Trespass Jacket Size Advice

Posted 7th Apr 2015
Hi, I'm looking to buy the Genesee Men's Waterproof Parka Jacket, but I don't know which size to buy and my local stores don't stock them. I need either Small or Medium. My waist size is 81cm. Looking at their size guide I think I need Medium as Small might just be too tight. But reading comments on other Trespass Jackets, it seems their Jackets might be bigger than what the size guide indicates. Can anyone who has bought size Small advise if they found it bigger than expected? My other worry is Medium might be too big. I contacted their customer support but they said they can't advise as it's "personal preference" regarding size Thanks!
Community Updates
New Comment

11 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    cdm22
    Why are you mentioning your waist size and not your chest size? Jackets go around the top half!
    (edited)
    JHD007
    Why not order both sizes and return the one that doesn't fit for a refund ?
    dreamt12
    do above or order to store try them on instore and return on the spot
    sym515 Author
    pennyfarthing88

Why not order both sizes and return the one that doesn't fit for a refund … Why not order both sizes and return the one that doesn't fit for a refund ?

Didn't think of that! But wouldn't I have to pay for the delivery?
    sym515 Author
    dreamt12

do above or order to store try them on instore and return on the spot

There doesn't seem to be an option to order to store and their online purchasing policy says you can't return instore if bought online! Nice idea though.
    JHD007

Comment

sym515

Didn't think of that! But wouldn't I have to pay for the delivery?

Maybe but most online retailers offer free returns' you'll have to check with the retailer' I doubt you'd have to pay for returning something that doesn't fit mind
    Leftfootdynamo
    Trespass don't offer free returns. They also don't do a deliver to store option either. From experience, most Trespass clothing can come up a little small.

Source: I work for Trespass
    JHD007

Comment

cdm22

Why are you mentioning your waist size and not your chest size? Jacket go … Why are you mentioning your waist size and not your chest size? Jacket go around the top half!

Well spotted I'm glad one of us is actually awake :-)
    sym515 Author
    cdm22

Why are you mentioning your waist size and not your chest size? Jacket go … Why are you mentioning your waist size and not your chest size? Jacket go around the top half!

My chest size is 87cm and their size guide for Small states chest size is 89 - 94, so my chest size should fit fine for small.
    It's the waist size that has me doubting. I'm exactly 81cm which is the max of size small, according to their size guide.
    sym515 Author
    Oh for FFF Sake!. Sorry to "waist" everyone's time! I thought the size guide was specific for the coat but it's general. It's the same size guide if you clicked on it for trousers where the waist would then be applicable on not the chest, sleeve etc. AAAARGHH. Their customer services should have pointed this out to me, there that is my excuse. Sorry again! Numpty will be leaving now.
    pc1974
    Use PayPal free returns service
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants