Used iPhone model sweetspot

Posted 18th Feb 2023
I’m in the market to upgrade to a newer used iPhone from an XS 512Gb.
Any guidance for what to go for yielding best value?

Current considerations are
- iPhone 12 Pro
- iPhone 13 / Pro
- iPhone 14
- don’t need more than 256Gb, based on current usage.
- no worse than ‘good’ condition, but ideally better.

Budget’s between £500/550- £600. Could go higher by £50, but ideally kept in.

No particular rush, but would be more actively chasing later this year if a deal can’t be done now.

Cheers.
Community Updates
Ask
New Comment

6 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    jase.2
    Have seen 13 pro on various eBay stores for around that sort of money

ive got a 12 pro and the battery has been so bad that I’m ditching it whilst it’s still worth something but if u have high usage I wouldn’t recommend 12 pro on my own experience 
    sm9690
    13 Pro would be the sweet spot, newer than the 12/12 Pro and better camera than a 14 (edited)
    jord_1992
    IPhone 13 Pro 256gb bought for £660 in Black Friday on eBay in good condition, battery 99% and no damage to phone whatsoever, 3 instalments on PayPal £220, you will see prices like that often on eBay, avoided iPhone 12 due to negative feedback for battery life, have no issue with 13 battery and picture quality is massive improvement on iPhone XR I recently owned, sim only and refurb/used are so much better value than a contract!

Avoided iPhone 14 due to camera as the 13 pro is a better camera and can do much more with it, no brainer (edited)
    M4tt31
    I bought 3x13 pro's good condition from ebay just before Black Friday, think they where £590ish 256 Gb where around £660. Think it was with a ebay discount code around that time. Seller was Loop_Mobile

If you set up an alert on here for them you should get something. That's all I did.

Not heard any complaints from the kids about them or any issues, only one we've had an issue with was a 13 non pro bought new. (edited)
    Andyjb23 Author
    Cheers guys. Looks like 13 pro is the way to go.
    yozzman1234
    Don’t get the 14 . I have the 14 now . My 11 pro max actually takes far superior pictures than the standard 14 .
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants