Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

Video Door Bell

Posted 13th Feb 2023
Good Morning,
Does anyone know of a video doorbell that does not have that blue light going round every time someone comes in range of it please, I have tried ring and currently have eufy but they both show the swirling blue light, apparently it is annoying my top of the range ( not ) neighbour.
Community Updates
Ask
New Comment

9 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    abigsmurf
    Cover over the blue light with some paint or electrical tape?
    oldcodger Author
    without taking it apart I don't know if that would be possible.
    Mersey_Steve
    Can this not be turned off in the Eufy App?

Settings- Video Settings - Status LED

Regards
    Stevd
    oldcodger Author
    Unfortunately no. It does not have that capability. I have emailed eufy about it but they don't have any idea if it will be possible in the future, so from that I take it that it won't.
    Stanmorepark
    How is your neighbour getting close enough to your door to notice it? They sound a bit creepy to me.... scary people out there these days. The tape idea sounds good though... (edited)
    oldcodger Author
    He is a creep but we live in a block with a corridor for several flats, there is also other visitors, couriers etc who pass by, also his door is offset slightly but opposite mine, he objects to the flashing light when it detects motion, but I also have a peephole in the door ( pre installed by the council when the new door was fitted )which see's exactly what the doorbell does, so he has complained to the council, ( sheltered housing which has got him nowhere, ) I have a copy of the rules and I am not breaking any, so as far as I am concerned he can go fly, but in an attempt to keep the peace if I can I would change it, but finding one that doesn't tell the world it's alive seems to be impossible.
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants