30 Day Sim contracts - Another adventure with spreadsheets

Posted 31st Mar 2023
***Updated 1807hrs 01 Apr***
Info from - MSE, MSM, TCB, Uswitch, CTM, Gocomp, Giftcloud, & provider's sites

Sorted by data allowance, price, network.
Coloured boxes are months with offer price. Otherwise assume full price for the period.

Rotate your phone to landscape and it fits better

1 to 4GB
4112778_1.jpg.
5 to 9GB
4112778_1.jpg
10 to 16GB
4112778_1.jpg.
17 to 26GB
4112778_1.jpg.
30 to 60GB
4112778_1.jpg.
70 to 250GB4112778_1.jpg
Unlimited Everything
4112778_1.jpg
Community Updates
New Comment

31 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Midge
    Thanks, very helpful.

Was sitting with 15 pages open and flicking between them.
    TristanDeCoonha Author
    There will be another update as I missed Quidco and Uswitch. No doubt someone will remind me of others
    lkl265
    Does anyone have a link for the Lyca 1p/6 months offer ?
    aLV426
    Nice, excellent work - thanks for sharing!
    bozo007
    Wow, thanks for the crazy effort!
    Otto.uk
    Amazing! Thank you for sharing
    Wow, thanks Tristan! Amazing effort.

I have just been looking in to ToTheMoon as I'd never heard of them until your post.

They claim to have a SIM and bank account, and the SIM is free if you spend from the bank account every month! This obviously sounds too good to be true, but I wondered if anyone else had used them before? Their TrustPilot isn't great...

Thanks
    Ferris
    I think there's monthly minimum spends to get the SIM for free. £100/month spend for 10gb the following month etc.
    Ferris
    The effort is great, but why not link to a read only copy of the sheet instead of having to download each image and zoom in etc?

HUKD handles images awfully...
    innocent
    Agreed. Full marks for the great effort but very difficult to read on mobile phone.
    SudarshanaVinod
    The sheet is telling you that you've spelt Vodafone wrong lol
    Amazing work though, must have taken a while to compile this
    TristanDeCoonha Author
    That's half a day I won't get back
    kidrock123
    Great effort
    dave.richardsonskV
    Are there speed restrictions but amazing work (edited)
    TristanDeCoonha Author
    The title gives it away. "30 Day Sim Contracts".
    Almost all of the sims offered show they will give 5G if available. I did start a column, but found I was just ticking the box on all.
    TristanDeCoonha Author
    ***Updated 1807hrs 01 Apr***
    scoobiedoo
    According to the Ofcom network charts only Vodafone and O2 have good coverage in my area which limits my options. Wondering which of the providers is reliable and cost-effective long term. I must not lose my phone number, and I've heard of people losing their numbers on here when they switched around to cheaper providers - how common that is I don't really know
    UKScottDeals
    Great spreadsheet. It would be great if you could add roaming cost/details to this, but I appreciate that is a lot of work.
    Springerbhoy
    Excellent work TDC
    Velete
    Thanks for this, currently looking for a quick SIM only PAYG/30 day for data usage while visiting various EU countries (not going to bother migrating existing number, just use it to give a device data access)

Had thought to grab Lyca after looking at this sheet, but then saw '2GB EU data cap' in the T&C's on the order page (for a 15GB SIM, so pretty useless!)

Would Lebara be a better shout?
    (also maybe worth adding any caveats like the EU data cap to this excellent spread sheet?)
    TristanDeCoonha Author
    Much like adding 5G or not, actual data speed, and roaming limitations, after scanning down the list the reader, and certainly the author, will experience an element of snow blindness. Also these deals are often changing, or have different terms for what looks like the same product. Asda has 3 around £24 that have different speed and data limitations, which would involve digging further into their site. There are around 200 lines on that spreadsheet, and to be honest I think I did more than enough work on that.
    I have done the donkey work. It is not difficult to choose from a small group, the data limit you want, and the price range you are prepared to pay, and from there just go to the respective site. The next part that I am surprised I haven't received a whinge for yet (not aimed at you, just generally) is why not add the links? There is only so much I am prepared to do, but if people want to do the extra work then I would be happy to add it.
    The more info added, the more that needs maintaining. Were I to put the roaming costs, only for Lebara to change them, then I would have to go through the whole lot again, before someone starts whinging that the details are wrong. However you can generally take it for granted that the limit is the same throughout the supplier's product, so read one and you have it all. But to make a purchase based on what info I posted, rather than your reading of the relevant small print, is poor consumer action, as I might have pasted the info into the wrong box.
    For your need in Europe, depends on how much data you need, I would suggest buying as many sims as you need, allowing for the fact that Lebara allows the data limit of your plan, up to 30gb per sim, per month. Any data outside of that requires a prior credit
    novolizer
    Brilliant effort. Thanks so much. Any chance for an updated version anytime soon? (edited)
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants