AirPods Pro noise cancelling issue

Posted 10th Feb 2023
My Gen 1 Pro's have 1 month warranty left of the original 12 months you get and the noise cancellation is far from impressive anymore, should I bring it up to Apple?

I use transparency mode the most but when I use noise cancellation I'm not blown away as I used to be, l'm not sure if it's down to me being used to feeling or have they just weakened? (I've seen the posts about people saying Gen 1 have been weakened upon the release of Gen 2)

For example, with noise cancelling on I can still hear people that talk to me and even the TV slightly, it's not that far from how it sounds with noise cancelling turned off and I sometimes check to see if it’s turned on. I do have a good seal and they were updated with the recent update not long ago.
Community Updates
Ask
New Comment

6 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Check you still get a seal with the ear tip fit test. The tips only tend to last me 4-6 months before I need to buy a new set as they don’t seal after a few months. 
    reddit.com/r/a…in/

I'll not be buying anymore apple AirPods fo' sure...
    book a repair they can do a test in store. 1st gen has recall programme i swapped mine twice for new ones as they always failed the test at Apple Store (even out of warranty they replace)

Faulty AirPods Pro that are in need of repair exhibit the following problems:

• Crackling or static sounds that increase in loud environments, with exercise or while talking on the phone
    • Active Noise Cancellation not working as expected, such as a loss of bass sound, or an increase in background sounds, such as street or airplane noise
    support.apple.com/en-…ues (edited)
    They may need a deep clean, dirt can build up in the mics which are used for the noise cancellation
    Author
    I’ve always kept them pretty clean by wiping them after use. I read something about the mics and noise cancelling where they said use blu tack on them to remove any possible dirt stuck in them which I have done not long ago and nothing really came out from it (edited)
    I have a pair of Soundcore Q30 headphones with noise cancelling.
    They went a bit funny.
    The fix was to unpair them and do a reset.
    I did this and they have Ben fine since.
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants