Anyone own a Candy GOC590C Tumble dryer - Drain Pipe?

Posted 13th Nov 2012
If anyone owns the above could they tell me - Does it have the option to drain the water into the mains along with the washers waste, to save having to empty the bottle.

Tried phoning Candy twice and got no reply, couple of reviews say yes and the same say no.

We currently have a white knight which lets the water go straight in to the washer stack and want the same feature again.

Thanks
Community Updates
New Comment

15 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Anonymous User
    J4GG4

My clothes come out my washing machine pretty dry. The dryer just kills … My clothes come out my washing machine pretty dry. The dryer just kills the moisture left in the clothes, so no drainage needed.First ive heard of a drainage dryer. Although i did mention the kitchen is not my speciality.

LOL - I've seen some dumb statements on here but this is up there!
    Fluffykins
    H'mmm.

Repair manual (mediafire.com/view/?41qmbjufkrfr1lr) shows only one motor. These doesn't seem to be any pumps or other means of mechanically emptying the condensate tank, just an overflow sensor to warn / shutdown in the event of high level.

I'd suspect that's just a safety feature - clothes should be pretty well spun dry before putting them in the drier - otherwise you'd be running up a huge bill evaporating more than a little water.

Hope that helps a bit

Fluff
    (edited)
    Anonymous User
    J4GG4

Explain why that is so?My dryer does not collect water. So my dryer burns … Explain why that is so?My dryer does not collect water. So my dryer burns the 5% water left in the clothes. And they dry in 5 mins...if that.Made in england 1981 FYI.

1. The water isnt killed oO Google evaporation

2. You obviously have a vented dryer to an external wall (or a dryer that humdifies your house at the same time ) - do you get damp / mould in the dryer location?
    (edited)
    ScubaDudes Author
    [image missing]

JSL
    The kitchen area is not my speciality but....Dryers are for.....drying?

Why on earth would it have a waste drainage?
    dbhoy
    J4GG4

The kitchen area is not my speciality but....Dryers are … The kitchen area is not my speciality but....Dryers are for.....drying?Why on earth would it have a waste drainage?

Because the water retained from drying has to go somewhere, usually to an internal water tank, op is looking for one that'll allow drainage to be external......
    JSL
    dbhoy

Because the water retained from drying has to go somewhere, usually to an … Because the water retained from drying has to go somewhere, usually to an internal water tank, op is looking for one that'll allow drainage to be external......

My clothes come out my washing machine pretty dry. The dryer just kills the moisture left in the clothes, so no drainage needed.

First ive heard of a drainage dryer. Although i did mention the kitchen is not my speciality.
    Anonymous User
    J4GG4

My clothes come out my washing machine pretty dry. The dryer just kills … My clothes come out my washing machine pretty dry. The dryer just kills the moisture left in the clothes, so no drainage needed.First ive heard of a drainage dryer. Although i did mention the kitchen is not my speciality.

these driers work by condensing the evaporated water so you dont need to vent them
    Anonymous User
    brilly

these driers work by condensing the evaporated water so you dont need to … these driers work by condensing the evaporated water so you dont need to vent them

wrong - you dont vent condensing driers
    Anonymous User
    csiman

wrong - you dont vent condensing driers

*confused*
    Anonymous User
    I agree Brilly, csiman seems have things arsebackwards, and doesn't see his statement is the same as yours
    (edited)
    Anonymous User
    brilly

*confused*

brilly

*confused*

Ooops! Yep, read it wrong. Apologies
    ScubaDudes Author
    Managed to get through to Candy and they're going to find out.

Maybe my OP wasn't very clear. A condenser tumble dryer collects water in a container that needs to be regularly emptied, some models have the option of fitting a hose that will divert the water away from the container and into your drain. Saves having to empty the container.
    JSL
    csiman

LOL - I've seen some dumb statements on here but this is up there!

Explain why that is so?

My dryer does not collect water. So my dryer burns the 5% water left in the clothes. And they dry in 5 mins...if that.

Made in england 1981 FYI.
    jumpinoffthbed
    LOLOLOLOLOLOL.... he's right about one thing, the kitchen isn't his area
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants