Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

Are all Leon restaurants this bad?

Posted 15th May 2022
We went to do a bit of retail therapy when we felt a bit hungry. A Leon restaurant was nearby so we thought we'd try it. We ordered 2 'Love' burger meals for just under £20. For that price, they didn't even include a bottle of coke and only offer a tiny can of cheap pop. We waited for what seemed like an age. When the food came, we were given 2 cold burgers which resembled reshaped dog food under bruised, limp and wilting 'salad' bun. The waffle fries were soggy and cold also.

When I asked for a refund, they asked me if I were sure it's cold! I said put you hand on it and you will know it's cold!

Are all Leon restaurants this bad? Possibly the worst burger I've ever bought.
Community Updates
New Comment

11 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    tinkerbellian
    No they definitely aren’t all like that . Usually eat in ones around London though and some of the others are franchises so maybe the one you visited is . Not that it excuses cold food , but normally Leon’s staff are more friendly and helpful than a lot of places. Was in Tottenham Court Road branch this week , food all hot and tasty as usual , and staff went above and beyond when the app wasn’t playing ball , especially as we were there on one of the days when everything chicken related had been removed from lots of places menus.

Prices are a little high for fast food I guess , but they email offers and discounts regularly , and a permanent 15% student discount . We normally have the rice boxes not burgers but no reason to think they would be worse than the rest of the menu , and plenty of people around us eating them .
    epic.mushroom
    did you "demand" a refund? did you stop any staff as soon as you realised the food was unacceptable? Did you finish all the food and drink before complaining?

Sometimes explaining what the problem is and then ASKING them how they could fix it gets a better response. As someone who has managed in hospitality, being given the chance to rectify any problems early on can avoid issues later. Also getting feedback is what makes people come back and also makes a better experience for me and my staff. I'd rather offer an alternative free meal and drink than let a customer leave unhappy.
    CalmerChameleon Author
    jon81uk16/05/2022 11:11

Leon has always been expesive for small portions, I avoid them.But in your …Leon has always been expesive for small portions, I avoid them.But in your case if the food is cold just tell them that and get it replaced/refunded.

That's what I did. I literally took in back in immediately after realising it was cold. Then then asked me if I was sure it was cold because they saw it come out fresh from the kitchen. I told them to literally place their hands on it and they'd realise it was. I very rarely ask for refunds or complain about food stuff as I've been in the catering/food industry for most of my life but the food was atrocious. The refund is going to take up to 12 days also so I hope there's no hiccups there.
    SampleX
    Yummmmmm... ASDA burgers.
    sm9690
    I go to the Birmingham one nearly every week and never had an issue
    SampleX
    MadeDixonsCry15/05/2022 18:07

Underrated comment

Hmmm.

No... honestly... I'm a big fan of whatever cheap low quality delectables the Issa Brothers can cram on their forecourts that save them money from having to franchise actual world-established brands...
    groenleader
    Leon peaked in about 2017, since then they have been on the out, with a good flushing from recent events!
    jon81uk
    Leon has always been expesive for small portions, I avoid them.

But in your case if the food is cold just tell them that and get it replaced/refunded.
    Bargainhead
    CalmerChameleon16/05/2022 11:34

That's what I did. I literally took in back in immediately after …That's what I did. I literally took in back in immediately after realising it was cold. Then then asked me if I was sure it was cold because they saw it come out fresh from the kitchen. I told them to literally place their hands on it and they'd realise it was. I very rarely ask for refunds or complain about food stuff as I've been in the catering/food industry for most of my life but the food was atrocious. The refund is going to take up to 12 days also so I hope there's no hiccups there.

its a joke, they take payment straight away but won't pay back as quick. they are all the same, transfers take no time.

as for leon i've never heard of them, but i very rarley eat in chain places as i prefer indepndant..
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants