Can I use a screenshot of my boarding pass on Ryanair

Posted 20th Jun 2023
I have purchased a flight for someone else who does not have the Ryanair app. Can I screen shot their boarding pass and WhatsApp it to them?
Community Updates
Ask
New Comment

7 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Isaac_McCafferty
    Yes. the QR on the app is not "live" so can be captured at anytime.
    Russ2626
    Yes, I've done it many times (in case I didn't have signal at the gate etc.)
    Deedie
    In future. Just add your virtual ticket to your phone's "wallet", the same way you would with a credit/debit card. Doesn't need any internet connection once it's in the wallet. It's stored on the phone
    fisco2001
    Yeh I always do this when travelling with other people to scan at gate etc never had a issue
    Jaestar69
    Technically you can use a screenshot, I have done this before (although my preferred option is saving the ticket in my apple wallet). But there was one occasion where I was travelling and the agent asked another passenger who was in line to see his ticket. He had a screenshot and she made him step out of line and find the actual ticket. To me it was a bit harsh since the screenshot had the same information but it just shows that you could come across someone who wants to be "exact" with the rules.
    Xippi
    Must have been a bad copy. Everything is digital/QR code now and, as someone said earlier these are not live and can be captured.
's avatar
Top Merchants