dehumidifier & air purifier recommendation

Posted 6th Mar 2023
Hi all,

I've finally got "yes" from my partner re dehumidifier - can you please help me and suggest which one is good?

After browsing hukd listings etc I know tha maeco are great but they are ooo everywhere :/ is there any other brand I should look at or should I wait?

I don't want to spend a lot of money for something what breaks within months.

Budget: max £200.

We are renting and hopefully we will move to better house (..) where dehumidifier will be not needed. In recent house, we have condensation on windows constantly (downstairs 24/7 summer/winter, does not matter if all windows are open 24/7 or not - landlord says he is aware windows were fitted badly / read: he done it himself but refuses to do anything with, basicaly we have mouldy windows - i never cleaned windows weekly as I do now). But, it says humidity downstairs is (open plan) kitchen 58%, living room part 63%. Fighting with mould on walls. Upstairs (no mould we can see) but humidity 77% in one room and 69 in second room. (..)

I would like to buy dehumidifier and air purifier if possible, looking at 10 - 12 - 16 littres possibly, low energy if possible.

Thank you for help or recommendation, thank you x
Community Updates
Ask
New Comment

12 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Dude1971
    Where are you getting those readings from?
    csmcr Author
    From here Friend came over with hers (different brand) to check and readings were +/- 2 % same.

ThermoPro TP157 Digital Hygrometer Indoor Thermometer for Home, Baby Room Thermometer Humidity Meter with Temperature Humidity Sensor and Face Icon Comfort Indicator for Greenhouse Baby Room Office amzn.eu/d/3gjglbL (edited)
    thepostie
    We brought an Ebac one from Argos. They are British made not that it makes any difference but might have good customer service. Also we had mould in our upstairs bedroom but this one has cured it. Also Argos do have some Meaco ones in stock so might be worth checking the reviews.
    49715643-Ew64J.jpg
    Backinamo
    Had Meaco for maybe 10ish years. Found customer service excellent. They replaced one unit free of charge which was playing up after 3 years of daily use.

Id recommend this and has air purifier as well. Comes with 5 year warranty. You may want the larger model.

meaco.com/pro…12l
    doggysoft
    Meaco are good but their customer service is notoriously bad. They look for any reason to void the warranty.
    csmcr Author
    I saw this mentioned in discussions too:-( is there any other brand i should check?
    Cisco060606
    Meaco Dry ABC pre-order with expected delivery date of 15/03/23 @ Airconcentre.co.uk
    And there are 10% off discount code (edited)
    csmcr Author
    Thank you! Maeco itself is expecting delivery in 40 days
's avatar
Top Merchants