Dog supplements

Posted 11th Mar 2023
Looking at getting my nearly 9 year old some supplements as he’s starting to get arthritis in one of his front legs.
Looking at yumove and that’s coming in at £19.50pcm which I don’t mind paying but wondering if anybody has any other alternatives?

Thank you
Community Updates
Ask
New Comment

35 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Nikita_Percival Author
    49743582-tWRro.jpg
    Ps this is the boy in question
    philajones
    I used these when my dogs suffered from the same...seemed to make an improvement and stop the limping come stiffness off arthritis, I used to crush them and mix in their meals. amazon.co.uk/gp/…c=1
    Nikita_Percival Author
    Brilliant thank you
    JimboParrot
    Antinol.
    mutley1
    our labrador was limping and so my husband took him to the vet, who recommended youmove. he missed out on black friday sale but now pays just over £17pm for the tablets.

it has helped as our labrador doesn't limp as badly now, and it has been about 3 months i think.
    Nikita_Percival Author
    Thank you, I’m gonna trial the one on Amazon which is half the price and go from there
    northeastkev
    My dog is on Jointsure. Have a look on Amazon, they contain the same ingredients as Yumove but are a lot cheaper.
    Nikita_Percival Author
    Few people have mentioned, I’ve ordered 2 months supply
    ncd
    Coconut oil is good for their joints and skin. Just start off with a small quarter tea spoon and increase over time.
    Nikita_Percival Author
    He already has coconut few times a week
    windym
    Have you looked at feeding him your own food? We did this with our 13 year old ridgeback and she sprinted through the next few years. She previously had dry food (not inexpensive) but we started to make our own and she really flourished for the next 3 years.

Have a look at
    Nikita_Percival Author
    He’s on raw already and we have to be careful with his food as he suffered pancreatitis few years back so is on a low fat diet
    Dyslexic_Dog
    If it really is arthritis and it's been diagnosed by a vet, I would discuss with them the possibility of prescribing him galiprant, it's probably the best thing you can get for a dog with joint problems and arthritis.
    One of my colliies who I've sadly just lost was on it for the last couple of years and it made such a difference to his everyday wellbeing and pain management. (edited)
    Nikita_Percival Author
    Yes confirmed low grade at the moment but can’t really afford to go vets treatments so looking more supplemental like we do as humans
    Willy_Wonka
    Are you sure he hasn't got dog gout instead?

You said he had a raw diet, too much protein cause gout in dogs & I guess that can be mistaken for arthritis.
    Nikita_Percival Author
    Not gout but thank you
    AC-ZEP-GEN-DC
    Your dog looks lovely.

With our wonderful old Goldendoodle we use CBD oil (Asda), Yumove (cheaper on direct subscription) and monthly Librela injections (not cheap). Budget sardines now and then as well.

All have helped but unfortunately no idea really which is the most beneficial.
    Nikita_Percival Author
    Thank you. He’s a Cockerpoo but a larger version. Yumove showing at around £19th pcm on subscription but another person has commented about a similar product on Amazon which is half the price so may try and give that one a go.
    Injections and vet interventions I hope to leave later down the line and hadn’t thought about CBD so thank you
    P_Bro77
    I have to say Yumove, had a cocker spaniel and had him on yumove for his joints. Really helped. He also suffered very bad bout of pancreatitis was fine with yumove still.
    Nikita_Percival Author
    Thank you. I’m gonna trial the other one first as it’s half the price and go from there
    Alexanderlocks
    I used to get these for my old boy.

amazon.co.uk/dp/…are

I also bought the youmove but he wouldn't touch them ended up donating them to the foodbank.

Hope all goes well and enjoy everyday you have with your boy
    Nikita_Percival Author
    Thank you. I shall keep these ones in mind too
    JimboParrot
    Ask your Vet for a recommendation - hence the Antinol I mentioned. Would you not suggest asking your GP or Pharmacist rather than 'randoms' on a deal site?
    Nikita_Percival Author
    It’s aLso good to get information from people aswell. I bet others have walked down the multi vitamin aisle or read articles in magazines and chosen stuff, vitamins and minerals aren’t gonna harm and as fellow dog owners have suggested improvements from supplements
    drivay
    Coconut oil, Salmon Oil and tesco do glucosamine supplement (same as yumoove) for £3 for 90
's avatar
Top Merchants