Eufy Doorbell

Posted 25th Feb 2023
Hello, I think I need a Eufy doorbell.

I don't need a 2nd camera to scan for packages.
I don't plan to buy additional Eufy branded items.
I will be using my own 128gb SD Cards.

Therefore, am I right in thinking the older 1080p version with a chime is sufficient?

Also, I need to mount it to a upvc doorframe. Would very strong double-sided tape be good enough for this, as I don't want to attempt to drill holes in the upvc.

Finally, do I need to install the wedge base thingy? do I really need the camera to be at a slight angle? The current plan would see it pointing straight towards anyone walking up to the door.

Thanks.
Community Updates
Ask
New Comment

Categories

4 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Mark_Hickman
    No need to use wedge they have a wide enough field of view, also the 1080p will be sufficient, good quality 3m tape will work just easyier to steal
    Ill quickly check my eufy account to see if theres sny refer a friend offers on currently, can sometimes get £40 off each or free cameras etc.. doubtful with a cheap doorbell but worth a check.
    No good have to spend 200 to get 40 off unfortunately, sorry
    49646699-os6Bc.jpg (edited)
    Uranus Author
    Thanks for the info.
    What is the point of the wedge?
    I was told that it might be better to have the camera slightly at an angle in order to better pickup people that are walking towards the door. Something about crossing a diagnol or something.
    AndyRoyd
    Only users that aren't fussed about privacy or network security still use Eufy's kit after the Eufy lies debacle.
    Many moved over to Blurams that claims to use far more credible e2ee to Amazon AWS, and Blurams offers rolling freebie cloud storage to AWS although you can lever integral storage if you wish.
    Also has all that Alexa, Google and IFTT excitement for users with excess time to obsess over.
    Battery model inc chime somewhere around high-£60s fulfilled Amazon.

I don't have the doorbell as I find the whole doorbell cam concept ludicrous, but I have multiple Blurams indoor & solar outdoor models no issues & will likely remain using that kit until the e2ee/AWS is disproved, if ever.
Top Merchants