Google Drive storage limits

Posted 3rd Aug 2023
Having reached the 15GB limits. (Mostly Whatsapp photos and clips)

Any ideas how to increase online storage for free? OR another way of retaining the whatsapp data safe and for free ?

New handset dont offer microSd slots trend.

TIA for any advice.
Community Updates
New Comment

33 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Uridium
    Been covered on here many times but simply install Google Rewards app, a few minutes a month completing 2 or 3 question surveys (usually on shops or places you've visited) will easily pay for 100Gb storage tier at £1.59pm

You'll also gain access to Google One service with some extra features like additional photo editing tools in Google Photos app as well as access to the Google One VPN service

50715920-dZKUT.jpg (edited)
    TristanDeCoonha
    How are you getting all of that activity? I get nothing. I have earned about £5 in 3 years
    slimy31
    Create more gmail accounts, just make sure you login to them every 3 months (I think) to keep them alive.
    AndyRoyd
    August 2023 Google indicates max 2 years signin to keep alive:

How to keep your account active?
    The simplest way to keep a Google Account active is to sign in to the account at least once every two years. If you have signed in to your Google Account recently in the past two years, your account is considered active and will not be deleted.
    tardytortoise
    The best advice I can give is learn basic housekeeping (what to keep, what to throw away, etc), learn how to stop hoarding, learn how to copy files onto the cheap-as-chips external drives.
    aLV426
    ...except that's not a backup?
    bozo007
    Chances are you have not seen over 90% of those photos & clips after initially seeing them. So do you really need them?

Disable automatic download of media on WhatsApp and also remove clips from what gets backed up by WhatsApp to Google Drive.
    aLV426
    Sadly what suits you may not suit everyone. I have pictures from as far back as my Apple QuickTake camera and Kodak CDs (remember them!?)
    Also a lot of the physical pictures I have are suffering from colour fade and spotting - especially the polaroids
    GlentoranMark
    Videos take up a lot more storage than pictures. Cut them from your drive and store them somewhere else (like a cheap hard drive as someone above said.)
    Deedie
    Buy yourself a Google pixel phone (first version) and you can upload all your photos and videos for free for life. No matter the amount or size. Does not go towards your allowance. Just turn off auto backup on current phone and upload pics via the Google pixel (edited)
    Justintime12
    Mega gives you 20gb free so store your videos there

mega.io/pri…ing
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants