Huawei Mate 50 Pro just out today in the UK (03.11.2022) - still no Google services of course :-(

Posted 3rd Nov 2022
With a £1199 pricetag! (bundled with their well-reviewed rrp£169 FreeBuds Pro 2 for free)
Full specs: gsmarena.com/hua…php
The 3 main Mate 50 series phones compared: gsmarena.com/com…858

How dare they charge so much for a non-Google services phone & no 5G either!
Also, only 4K video (no 8K) & front has a bit of an out-dated design at the top?

Hopefully will be much lower before too long? - I'd bite at £500

Anyone considering or will definitely be buying at some point?

Best stills camera phone currently according to DxOMark dxomark.com/hua…st/
The non-Pro version also has the same main camera btw, but not currently available in the UK.

Comes in 2 colours only - black & silver (Chinese versions come in purple & orange as well)...

4019988_1.jpg
4019988_1.jpg
Community Updates
New Comment

9 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    MonkeyMan90
    I will be considering this when it reduces. I have the Google Pixel 6 Pro and i hate it. I had a Huawei P30 pro before this and i miss it so much. I can look past the no google store because I think you can still get 99% of things anyway. The only thing I would miss is google pay but i can live without that.
    Crossbow Author
    Yeah same here regarding the P30 Pro, but it is still my main phone (others have some trade-in/money-off value only).
    It could take several months to a year or more to reduce, are you willing to wait that long?
    What price will you be willing to pay out of curiosity & interest? Thanks... (edited)
    MrSwitch
    Bit too much for no GMS I think
    Crossbow Author
    Standard Mate 50 (not available in the UK) is considerably cheaper it appears, with not much difference where it really matters gsmarena.com/com…856
    Identical priocessor, main camera, wireless charging, etc, etc
    Telephoto camera is 5x optical, while the Pro is 3.5x

Arguably better looking as well?

48596734-vclN2.jpg
    Mike747
    Also the pro is heavier, thicker and has a curved edge screen so you cant hold it. A lower resolution screen and a massive ugly notch cutout at the top.
    The telephoto camera on the pro however is much better 12MP 5x zoom, vs 64MP with 3.5x, which is 18.6x zoom at 12 megapixels.
    The pro camera is the highest ever reviewed on DXOmark, with the telephoto being the 2nd best ever reviewed
    dxomark.com/sma…Pro (edited)
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants