Is it unethical to give negative feedback to someone on ebay if you do get your order?

Posted 17th Apr 2023
Thos guy on ebay has taken the mick, late dispatch with a terrible excuse. However he did makeup for it by giving me an extra product in the package but I’m still not satisfied. He has 100% positive feedback and I have the power to end his career.

Do I teach him a lesson?
Community Updates
New Comment

Categories

41 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Donor
    Please post your eBay user ID so that I and others here can block you.
    Jim1_Smith
    Try with their username from here
    Covert.Recon
    I've pre-empted ever dealing with you by adding lil6ix to my Ebay block list and the system accepted that username.
    Jim1_Smith
    I think that member may well end up being blacklisted my most people reading this thread!
    Ferris
    "I had a nice little business going but the moment I hit 99.89% positive the orders stopped, my partner left me and I now live on the street. "
    sm9690
    I have the power to end his career.

You sound like a child
    Lil6ix Author
    Thank you I’ve been feeling down about getting older lately, cheered me right up.
    dan_uk
    Ultimately they can respond to your feedback and, if a seller had only ever received one bad feedback, I’d be more inclined to think you were the one with the issue not the seller. 

The seller can also dispute the feedback and if they are in good standing with eBay then there’s every chance it’ll be removed. I’ve had three feedback removed from eBay all from spurious moans about people being either entirely unreasonable about postage time (bought on a Sunday, delivered on a Wednesday) or two people trying to con me out of a product. 

You’ve been adequately compensated, the seller sounds like they’re genuinely sorry and yet you want to punish them further by leaving a smart ar*e feedback. Maybe have a think and consider if you’re the problem not them. 
    bobdylan
    No, grow up, move on
    Oldnfaded
    It'll be tears before bedtime when your Mum finds out you've been using her account
    Azwipe
    Thought the schools had gone back this week ?
    Whoohoo
    The power to end his career sure

How late is late dispatch and what is this so called terrible excuse
    davejb
    thats what neutral feedback is for. "item was as described but slow dispatch. seller gave extra item as compensation" something to that effect.. but depends how late it was and what timeframe they promised it in... whether they had a good reason for the late dispatch etc. if it was weeks late and youre genuinely upset then say so. especially if you had to continously chase them up to get the order sent. if it was only a few days then maybe dont be so harsh. its hard to judge without the whole story..
    GlitchFace
    You sound like a customer nobody wants or needs. You got what you paid for, give the bloke a break ffs
    Ferris
    I've had exactly two negative feedbacks in 15 years of selling. Neither ended my career, and both were removed. Believe it or not, you are not the great and mighty kingmaker you think you are.
    Magda2
    He may have had a genuine good reason for the late dispatch,e.g illness etc. He did give you an extra item as compensation so what more do you want?
    Lil6ix Author
    His reason was he forgot and has had so many orders lately (edited)
    boonspoon
    OP be like....

49999460-mcSlt.jpg
    rowlystravel
    I ran this through google translate and it came back with "if i order something and then actually receive it is there really a problem"
    kizzzle
    if you are "still no satisfied" - send it back along with the extra thing you got and buy it from someone else. simple
    bozo007
    Yes, to the question in the title.
    newbie68
    This has to be a troll post - no one thinks like this...do they? If it's real I hope you've had a bad day and this is not your normal approach to people
    Deen_Gray
    It is normal for him
    AnkerMan
    Crush your enemies. Have them fall at your feet and take their horses and hear the lamentation of their women. That is best in life!
    PS5
    Perhaps you could leave feedback on your thread requests like this from last week that you posted but didn't respond to. Or do you have a better excuse

hotukdeals.com/dis…358
    Lil6ix Author
    What is there to respond to? No questions were asked just information given.

🤡 (edited)
    EndlessWaves
    Was it actually late according to ebay's terms and requirements or was it within the range that was given when you bought it but just took longer than you'd have preferred?
    IAmATeaf
    Jesus, even eBay seller have a life which may involve family and friends!

It does depend on how late is late but the fact that they acknowledged the lateness and tried to compensate tells me that the seller is not a bad-un.

Re ending their career, doubt a single neg will have the impact that you think it will have.
    Lil6ix Author
    You know what you have talked me out of it. You’re right maybe I am being abit harsh.
    ifixit
    Normally leave negative for scammers or sellers that disappear. Neutral for unsatisfied service. Positive for anything else.
    rimz790
    Just give him the benefit of the doubt, hes compensated by giving an extra product which other ebayers in a similar position wouldn't do. Usually I look at the sellers recent feedbacks and then decide to buy or not.

If the item you ordered was needed by a specific date say a birthday/anniversary date and it got delivered after the date/s then you may have a case. But if in his feedbacks others have said the say thing that the seller delivered late in some cases, then yeah he deserves it.
    TheUrbis
    I tend to look at what kind of feedback people leave for others when deciding whether or not to accept a best offer...

If you're one of the people that leaves constant negatives etc, then you'd end up on my block list.
    duplextrousers
    beautiful piece of trolling
    Mr.Plow
    What item did you buy and what was the free gift, I'm nosey like that.
    Sc4mp0
    49999903-v3ayb.jpg
    Gollywood
    Will leaving negative feedback change your life situation at all? (edited)
    t3r4
    Negative feedback is for sellers who lie, sell fake items, deliberately cancel orders due to the bids not getting high enough, or sell not as described items AND don't take steps to resolve.

Even if you don't get the item, you shouldn't just give negative if given a reasonable explanation, eg courier lost it...
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants