JBL Bar 9.1 Subwoofer problem

Posted 20th Jan 2022
I had purchased a JBL 9.1 bar a few months back and it had been flawless.

However I was having a problem with the rear speakers in which it was producing a static noise so I decided to factory reset the bar to tackle this problem in which it did.

However a new problem was raised with the subwoofer. The quality of the bass took a noticeable hit. I couldn’t hear any significant high/mid bass no matter what level I had put subwoofer in. Normally I would’ve put the sub at level 3 and that was enough to get pounding bass from explosions for example. But Now when I put it at level 5 theres barely anything in the same scene. Sub levels 2-5 all sound thesame. The settings/placement of the sub is the same as before. And I’m using a surge protector switch.

I can’t get a replacement as the company doesn’t have any stock, and it won’t for some time. I thought about it getting it ‘repaired’ but I’m afraid they’ll just send it back as it still produces bass no there’s no fault.
I want to know if any had experience this problem and if there’s a fix. Apologies for the long explanation.
Community Updates
Ask
New Comment

6 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Corkscrew
    You need to run the calibration test again. This often solves a lot of issues. I had to run mine twice and it's been fine
    AJ10 Author
    Corkscrew20/01/2022 14:47

You need to run the calibration test again. This often solves a lot of …You need to run the calibration test again. This often solves a lot of issues. I had to run mine twice and it's been fine

Thanks for your input. It has improved the bass after calibration.
    pspr33
    I know this is an old post now but wondered how the bar sounds without the subwoofer? Does it still have any bass presence?
    AJ10 Author
    Sorry I don’t own the 9.1 anymore.
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants