Just switched from Spotify to Deezer - unable to play songs from mobile to alexa

Posted 21st Mar 2023
Actually it was for my wife, she had a prem spotify sub @ £9.99 a month and used it to select playlist from her mobile to play on the Show in her room.

I saw the deal for Deezer at £9 something a year and switched her to it..... but seems it doesn´t have the intrigation to do what she wants i.e control the tracks from her mobile to play on the show.

I did manager to connect the devices by bluetooth, but doesn´t show the song cover on the show, and keeps dropping connection.

So looking like i´ll be switching her back to Spotify - unless there is something i´m missing with Deezer..... be very glad to hear if there is a work-around, failing that a cheaper way to get Spotify?

Many Thanks
Community Updates
New Comment

10 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    airbus330
    alexa can't play deezer playlists last i checked.
    saintscouple Author
    Yep, looks like we´re going back to Spotify then.
    saintscouple Author
    Yep we did that seems we can only control by voice and not mobile
    smith2001uk
    I've had this issue albeit with Spotify on alexa.

It turns out as I use 2 accounts. My Spotify app and the linked (via the) skill one had to be the same login details. If my logged in app (on my phone) doesn't match the login in the alexa skill then I can't control it.

When they match I can send to any alexa on the network. When they do not match these options are simply not there. Maybe it's the same for deezer.
    jederer
    You could get a sonos speaker, add the account to sonos and use the sonos app
    saintscouple Author
    Not getting in to that one lol sheś lucky to have a show lol
    Rednirah
    I think the OP might be going back to Spotify.
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants