Mattress Query

Posted 23rd Feb 2023
I'm in the process of buying a new mattress and I fully understand I need to try them out as everyone has their own personal preference. My question is slightly different to the usual what mattress should I get;
I started the search yesterday at a local independent and found a couple of mattresses that I quite liked. However when I got home to Google them to see if the prices were fair - I couldn't find those models. Would I be correct in assuming lots of sellers have retailer specific models (probably the same as the main range) but with different names to prevent price matching/beating by buyers ?
Community Updates
Ask
New Comment

8 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    SaturdayGigs
    Yes
    sustar
    I purchased a new mattress in January 2022 from a local independent bed store and found that I could not see prices online for same one.

I could find the brand and possible sellers but not prices shown, I decided to go ahead with my purchase as I had tried a few and had opted for that one so saves time going to other larger / well known places to try their range and then negotiate etc.
    bluetang
    Might be worth look8ng at Emma mattresses. We got ours from them and had no probs. You also get a 200 night free trial. Plenty enough time to see if you like it.
    AMaky
    Local independent unless sells huge volumes, would be too small to have specific range made just for them by main manufacturer.
    likely renamed themselves.
    seach for brand and comparable spec.
    lumsdot
    my thinking on matresses

single sided mattress are a con, get double sided. you can turn them over and prevent dips.

natural pocket sprung is best

foam is bad as it gets hot

dont het too soft or you will sink in and get bad back
    EndlessWaves
    Foam mattresses can be anywhere from chilly to smothering depending on the composition, stiffness and thickness of the foam and the type of fabric on top.
    Kieran_Bryons
    I bought an emma sleep mattress a couple years ago and it's been great for me. It's been really robust, whilst maintaining its comfort. Me and my wife both sleep so well because of it. You should definitely check them out. Plus, we got ours really cheap with an emma mattress discount code we saved like 20% off our purchase.
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants