Mirror/cast BT Sport app to LG TV

Posted 12th Feb 2020
Hi

Does anyone know of a way to screen mirror or cast my BT Sport app to my LG smart tv using my iPhone/IPad

I get the BT Sport app free through my BT mobile contract but due to this, being able to chromecast or use the online player is disabled. I’ve got a really old Samsung S5 and tried to screen mirror with that, it works but is very jumpy and connection ain’t great which I’m presuming due to age of the phone.

I’ve seen apps for iOS that say they can screen mirror but wonder if anyone know a reliable way to do it as i grudge upgrading to pay the prices BT are starting to charge for their sports channels
Community Updates
New Comment

13 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    STRICKIBHOY
    I think the only way to do it is by casting your phone screen and cast it that way. You're correct it isn't great just now, apperently it's because they've recently updated the app that's causing issues. It should hopefully get back to normal. (edited)
    clatron
    if you have a ps4 you can install the BT app on there and watch it via the TV
    BigYin99 Author
    I’ve read a few websites that suggest some 3rd party apps that can be used to mirror my iPhone/iPad but not sure how reliable these apps will be
    iang007
    bobdylan12/02/2020 11:38

This might …This might work?https://www.apple.com/uk/shop/product/MD826ZM/A/lightning-digital-av-adapter

Doesn’t for me - just comes up with same pay up for mirroring message from bt, so does Apple TV, any app I’ve tried so far!
    Bandicoot
    I use chrome cast from a Samsung tablet
    Jay080286
    MHL cable for your Samsung S5 or if you have a laptop hook that upto TV.
    BigYin99 Author
    Jay08028613/02/2020 11:57

MHL cable for your Samsung S5 or if you have a laptop hook that upto TV.

Bought an MHL cable off amazon cheap enough to try and seems to work well so far, decent picture quality and minimal lag or picture issues. Thanks for the the advice
    Jay080286
    BigYin9916/02/2020 08:24

Bought an MHL cable off amazon cheap enough to try and seems to work well …Bought an MHL cable off amazon cheap enough to try and seems to work well so far, decent picture quality and minimal lag or picture issues. Thanks for the the advice

Works a treat don't it! I use laptop, I used to use a MHL cable with my Samsung Tab S2.
    Anonymous User
    The way I managed this is to uninstall the Bt app as they patched mirroring (unless you pay extra) in the latest update (8.0.4). Then download version 6.0.9 from apkpure website. Tap screen mirror option on your phone and Cast away :-)
    BertyBubbles
    If your LG TV has AirPlay 2 you can stream BT Sport app from your iPad iOS device to the TV. I have it on my LG 2019 model which works fine but isn't (yet) available on my LG 2018 model. So it will depend how new your LG TV is. Check this Link for further details. (edited)
    WuckFit
    Bt now forcing update to mobile app which now restricts casting.

Anyone found a workaround?
    Phil_Whatever
    WuckFit28/06/2020 20:56

Bt now forcing update to mobile app which now restricts casting.Anyone …Bt now forcing update to mobile app which now restricts casting.Anyone found a workaround?

Did you ever find a work around
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants